ZOS 10-40x50

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

ZOS 10-40x50

#1 Postby Brad Y » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:44 am

I remember a thread where somebody had one of these and rated it for tracking.

Any of you who have one can you report on how they are going? I need another scope for my 308 as I have taken the sightron 8-32 off and put it onto the FO rifle. Running a weaver varmint scope at the moment and its tracking and holding point of aim fine but I want it to go on another varmint rifle where its needed.

Gadget

#2 Postby Gadget » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Brad
I had rated the ZOS as OK ,but 12 months later I will revise that statement, you get what you pay for.
I still use the ZOS 300 to 700 but I have no idea where it will shoot from week to week.
300mts on 3 moa all good next week 400 mts add 2.5 moa and you are shooting the top of the target, wind it all off and perhaps finish with 1moa.
Once you have elevation it will hold it but to dial it in, it's not always right, Hey thats why we have two sighter's.
I think you could do a lot better than a ZOS.
It still shoot 119.14 at 300 two weeks ago but it started with 1, 5, away go figure.

Graham P

DaveMc

#3 Postby DaveMc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:05 am

Brad - we have a few here that we mainly use as "experimental platforms".
Can't fault them as yet but we rarely use them on large recoiling rifles.

At your level I would probably save for something a bit higher up the rung but stand by the fact they are great value for money (not tested over time or recoil)

1) on testing they all tracked correctly through range, zoom and focus. The optics can be good (although QA seems non-existent so a little variable.
2) We have dismantled a few of these and they look quite OK internally.
3) Nice that the mil dots are almost exactly 1 minute at 40 power.
4)The use that we have given them they have performed flawlessly.

I don't doubt Grahams findings they do "feel" like wear may get them down but all OK so far here. and for $150 are a great (cheap) backup. Personally I wouldn't use them as a main scope - its not in the same league as the big names. Also if you ware looking to putting the cheapest package you can together they may be worthwhile.

Dave
Last edited by DaveMc on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad Y

#4 Postby Brad Y » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks fellas will steer clear from them.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”