omark action can they be fitted into other stocks?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

smlekid

omark action can they be fitted into other stocks?

#1 Postby smlekid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:44 am

Hi I'm currently thinking of building up a F Open rifle in 260 remington (looking at possible going to a 6.5 super lr if my smith has a reamer) on an Omark action
Does an Omark action go close to the same foot print as a Remington 700 or possibly a Savage 110? I've been looking at some Laminate stocks from the states and of course they don't inlet for Omarks
if they were close and you were going to have it bedded would it be a big job to modify to suit?

Malcolm Hill

#2 Postby Malcolm Hill » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi smlekid
Have a look on the Richards Microfit stocks website. They do plenty of styles at good prices and can supply them not inletted or with just a barrel channel down the centre. If you are going to get someone to bed the Omark they can inlet it to suit. It would be a better option than modifying existing inletting to fit the Omark.
Regards Malcolm.

bsouthernau

#3 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 pm

With a name like yours I'd have expected you to be building it on a No.1 Mk III action!!! :lol:

Barry

smlekid

#4 Postby smlekid » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 pm

got me a few of them!!!!
I have been looking at the microfit stocks which style is best suited to F Class?

Malcolm Hill

#5 Postby Malcolm Hill » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi smlekid
I've seen most of their target style stocks on the mound at some time. If you are going to shoot F open then you will probably shoot off a rest so that will require a 3" wide flat fore end type to start with. The rest of the stock style is personal choice so best thing to do is check out what others are using and see if you can get to try a few for fit and feel. Most people modify stocks to their own preferences but it pays to know what you need as a starting point to do that.
Regards Malcolm

Return to “Equipment & Technical”