Weight sorting ammo question

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

DannyS

#16 Postby DannyS » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:15 pm

David,

You stated that you weigh the charge to plus or minus 1 large kernel, you then mentioned that a kernel of 2208 weighs between 0.015 to 0.025 grns.

My point was that I doubt if a balance scale especially a Lee can weigh consistently to that accuracy, however, I stand to be corrected.

I think if you can weigh your loads to 0.1 grns then that is sufficent. Others may not agree. We must remember that you are using a Omark, not a benchrest quality rifle.

Having said that, Omarks can still shoot good scores, go out and enjoy it, don't get too tied up with being too pedantic about weighing projectiles, lapua cases etc.

Your time can be better spent, learning to read the wind and the mirage. Get yourself a wind meter, then go outside, set up a spotting scope, compare the mirage to the wind meter. Practice looking at the wind moving trees, grass etc, estimate the wind then check it with the meter.

Cheers

Danny

bobeager

#17 Postby bobeager » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:52 am

David, next week you will have some of the best TR and F Class shooters competing on your home range. Take the opportunity to meet them and seek their advice. Will generally find those at the top of their game, more than willing to advise and coach other shooters.
See my PM to you.

higginsdj

#18 Postby higginsdj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Bob,

I won't be there unfortunately since I will be heavily involved with the ACT ISSF Pistol championships being run 16-18 Nov :( Mind you I may be able to get the rest of Friday off and visit the range prior to my first Pistol event that afternoon.

Cheers

David

The one thing this forum lacks is notification that you have a PM (unless there is a setting somewhere I have failed to adjust) - good job you told me :)

Southcape

#19 Postby Southcape » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am

higginsdj wrote:The one thing this forum lacks is notification that you have a PM (unless there is a setting somewhere I have failed to adjust) - good job you told me :)

Check your settings, you should get a notification via email.
Linda

higginsdj

#20 Postby higginsdj » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am

Wow - there were a whole lot of PM's there - sorry guys, I wasn't ignoring you - I just didn't know they were there.....

Return to “Equipment & Technical”