Savage 12 f/tr - It's not me....

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

#16 Postby Brad Y » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Thats not necessarily a sign of over pressure. You may have a firing pin hole that needs bushing.

Seems like theres been a few people having bad times with accuracy in savage factory rifles recently.

macguru

#17 Postby macguru » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:23 pm

You definitely do not have too much pressure, 45.5 gr 08 and 155gr proj is a safe load.

If you want the rifle to shoot well you need to rebarrel, the stock and action are fine. I personally like the accutrigger, as well, although some do not.

Andrew

DannyS

#18 Postby DannyS » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:37 pm

David,
The super v at 300 meters is 0.4 moa or 1.4 inches in diameter, the central bullseye 0.8 moa or 2.8 inches in diameter.

Measuring your moa from a plot sheet is a pretty rough estimate. To class a rifle as a 1/4 moa rifle can not be judged from one shoot. We shoot 10 shot matches and therefore need to include all shots.

Sounds tough I know but that is the way it is.

However, it sounds like your omark does have some potential. Keep going, you will get there.

Cheers
Danny

higginsdj

#19 Postby higginsdj » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:27 am

DannyS wrote:David,
The super v at 300 meters is 0.4 moa or 1.4 inches in diameter, the central bullseye 0.8 moa or 2.8 inches in diameter.

Measuring your moa from a plot sheet is a pretty rough estimate. To class a rifle as a 1/4 moa rifle can not be judged from one shoot. We shoot 10 shot matches and therefore need to include all shots.

Sounds tough I know but that is the way it is.

However, it sounds like your omark does have some potential. Keep going, you will get there.

Cheers
Danny

Don't get me wrong - no braod claims here, I am just making comparisons between the results I was getting with the Savage compared to the Omark - ie same day - all shots within an hour, same weather, negligable wind, with experienced onlookers. As a 'newbie' I have a few experienced people watching over me and they were just as incredulous with respect to the wide gulf in results between the 2 rifles.

Cheers

David

higginsdj

#20 Postby higginsdj » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 am

Brad Y wrote:Thats not necessarily a sign of over pressure. You may have a firing pin hole that needs bushing.

Seems like theres been a few people having bad times with accuracy in savage factory rifles recently.

The primers on the factory ammo are not cratered! (being gold in colour they are obviously different primers) No idea if that changes things.

Cheers

Return to “Equipment & Technical”