ATR 60X Action

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

bobeager

ATR 60X Action

#1 Postby bobeager » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Does anyone have a contact for the Developer / Manufacturer of the ATR 60X action. I think it was made in Victoria. Better still, does anyone know the specification / source / replacement for the firing pin spring.

Barry Davies

#2 Postby Barry Davies » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:42 pm

G,day Bob,
The designer/manufacturer was Murray Nankervis who with his son Peter were members of the MCC Rifle club.
Have not heard of either for many years.
Peter was attached to Vic police forensic branch.
Maybe Rod Gray ( electronic target fame ) still shooting with MCC at Grantville ( with John Eland ) might be able to help. You can contact Rod thru this site by PM.
I did the evaluation of the ATR 60x when it was put up for approval but think all the info I had on it is now lost.
Barry

ratshot

#3 Postby ratshot » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Bob
Are we talking about Lex s ATR or have you scored one . when i was talking to Murray years ago some of the early ones were different in some places like the triggers were Arnnies later ones trigger was their own, mine has a Win mod 70 extractor and firing pin spring.

bobeager

#4 Postby bobeager » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 am

It is Lex's. His model has an ATR trigger, so would a Win 70 spring be worth a try?

ratshot

#5 Postby ratshot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Well worth a measure up . but have you checked the grub screw that holds the firing pin in . the act of cocking the bolt unscrews the pin if that grub screw is not tight, hence losing all spring tension.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”