Barnard Twin Port

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Barnard Twin Port

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Has anyone seen a Model P with twin ports? I can't see there'd be much meat left at the top of the action?

Alan

jcinsa

#2 Postby jcinsa » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Pestbird has one, there's plenty of meat left.
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

Paul Janzso

#3 Postby Paul Janzso » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 am

Yes John is right, also Rod Davies has one.
They are very strong.

Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:18 pm

I love the Barnard but not the dual port. When ever I throw a round in quickly, it either jumps straight out the other side, or more commonly, pokes half way out and jams the bolt when you close it, making a banana shaped 284. But then, with my limited hand/eye co ordination, I have trouble clapping my hands and getting them to meet somewhere in the middle.
My new action is single port (LBLP) Barnard S action.

bartman007

Twin port actions

#5 Postby bartman007 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:15 am

I did see a prominent Target Shooter have trouble when feeding from the left at the Vic Queens, in that the cases every now and then popped out the right.

While it is meant to be quicker, I beg to differ. If you are rushing to throw the case in, there is a real chance that it'll pop out the right.

Just slow down a bit, and get into a good rhythm. That will allow you to see if a wind change has come through, instead of missing it as you rush to get that next shot off.

Also on those really wet days :-( there is less water that is going to get into your action.

My two bob's worth...

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone.

Have decided to stick with the standard Model P.

Alan

johnk

#7 Postby johnk » Sat May 21, 2011 10:09 pm

RDavies wrote:I have trouble clapping my hands and getting them to meet somewhere in the middle.

Rest both arms on a horizontal object first, something like a balcony rail, & keep wrists in contact whilst bringing the arms together.

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

johnk wrote:
RDavies wrote:I have trouble clapping my hands and getting them to meet somewhere in the middle.

Rest both arms on a horizontal object first, something like a balcony rail, & keep wrists in contact whilst bringing the arms together.

Very similar to the technique I have developed to drink a bottle of beer without a straw
Keep both elbows and bottle on the bar, holding the beer bottle in each hand. Place mouth on bottle, and tip bottle back while lowering the head to tip the contents into my mouth. It helps if you are kneeling at the bar, if you do it standing, beer spills down the front of your dungerees..

Paul Janzso

Barnards

#9 Postby Paul Janzso » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Alan
I'm not sure if your Barnard bolt has a ejector or not. But if you are after a quick cycle with the Barnard action, the ejector type bolt works very quickly in getting the spent case out ready for another round to be loaded.
Just another thought for you Alan.
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Return to “Equipment & Technical”