Stock for remington LH short action

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

Stock for remington LH short action

#1 Postby Brad Y » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey guys

Chasing a stock option for my new rifle- left hand remington 700 SPS varmint.

I want something similar to the wild dog tacticals - obviously left handed- but something I can put an f class bipod on.

Any suggestions? Would prefer something available in aus if possible

Brad Y

#2 Postby Brad Y » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Ok so havent had any luck. Been speaking to one company but he is saying could be up to 90 days as anything left handed is special order and the stock im after has a hook on the bottom of the stock which would stuff up riding a rear bag.

Was thinking maybe just get an f class or thumbhole benchrest style stock and inlet in for the bolt on the opposite side and round off the fore end to allow dual use.

Does anyone know if Pro Cal have anything to suit? Aside from that Im thinking of going to Geoff Slee and ordering something totally custom.

jayded1

#3 Postby jayded1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:26 am

Seddo

#4 Postby Seddo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:23 am

its a shame you cant get a wild dog tactical, i have one and its nice. Have you considered a Manners T5A? I have a T5 stock on my 300-221 and it feels simular to the wild dog tactical.

http://mannerstocks.com/wp-content/uplo ... cs-t5a.jpg

Its simular to the widldog and they can be ordered in left hand through lightforce australia. My mate was int he same boat as you and ended up with left hand choate for $350.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

Brad Y

#5 Postby Brad Y » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Just picked up a mcmillan backers special model for $650 in left hand short action remington. Not quite a true f class stock but it should work with the f class bipod. Also will be ok for spotlighting as well.

Gunna be a nice little rig me thinks

Return to “Equipment & Technical”