russian benchrest

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

russian benchrest

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:22 pm

hi all,
has anyone tried the "virtual benchrest" game on 6mm br.com under the heading of russian benchrest.
it looks like good cross training for fclass, with similar problems to solve. the range is nothing like any i have ever shot on.
regards,
bruce moulds.

pjifl

Shooting Simulator

#2 Postby pjifl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:08 am

Bruce mentions the Russian Benchrest Simulator.

Some of you may be interested in a program I wrote about 2 years ago.

It is not polished, is probably overly complex and a little confusing at first, and may not run on some machines. But if you can get it running I believe it is an excellent way to lead people through the decisions to be made in wind and group management required for long range shooting.

One can design different targets, either aim off or set sights for wind changes at different flag distances - set the type of wind changes etc. It also simulates an imperfect rifle so you have to see through the statistics of a real life group unfolding.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pjifl/topscore.zip

When unzipped the folder MUST be placed as \topscore in the root directory of drive C

ie it will be C:\topscore

Start by running the exe file in this directory topscore.exe There are then a lot of directions and info within the program.

If people can or cannot get it running I would appreciate their letting me know.

There are no viruses in it but if you dont trust me them you should not run it.

I believe it would very nicely complement a training session where an experienced shooter would discuss the decisions with a newcomer. Especially someone with no idea of minutes and wind reading. It was written for this reason. Although I could do a much better job writing a new program, I have no intention of working on it any more except possibly to fix any serious bugs.

Peter Smith.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”