Buying from USA

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

richmac

Buying from USA

#1 Postby richmac » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:09 am

Hi All
I have a query...i have just put a bid in on EBay for some 308 brass.How do you fare when you win the bid and they send the brass here to OZ.Does it go through customs? do I have to pay any gst on it?I think the total value of the brass with freight will come to $40.00 Australian.
I have spoken to the seller in America and he says "whats going on there in Australia with the shipping,some people get their brass and others don't"
Has anyone in the forum ordered brass from the states and had any hassles Richard

VickiMcc

RE

#2 Postby VickiMcc » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Richmac,
I sent some brass to Aust from Canada in two identical parcels. One came through to the house no problems and the other was held by Aust Post on behalf of Customs. A letter was sent stating that an import permit was required. Luckily i had on in my hand, had to front up to inetrnational mail centre and do some paperwork and then went on my merry way.
I don't think it matters terribly where the items originate from. As far as gst or duty as long as it comes under the dollar threshold, they should not worry you

Hope this helps

Paul

Return to “Equipment & Technical”