Money where my mouth is

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

#16 Postby Tony Q » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:20 pm

Matt

Bedding, stock shaping (for fit) Chambers, Tight necks, thumb hole, pistol grip and so on are fine in my book as they are typical improvements anyone would look at to TUNE their rifle. This is different from Pedestal rests, BR or Tracker stocks and free recoil techniques.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

#17 Postby Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:28 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 pm

Matt,

I've never weighed my 6.5 but I asked KHGS to make it legal for LG and I'm sure he did that. I use free recoil (i.e. only trigger finger and opposing thumb touching the rifle) and while my long-range results (how shall I put this?) - have some potential for improvement :lol: , my short-range accuracy is good, which means the shooting technique is sound. Occasionally with heavier loads, or when the barrel needs a clean, it seems to jump and twist on the front rest more, but not enough to make me consider changing shooting style.

I've never shot anything with less recoil - am starting to think that isn't a good idea because it spoils you bit with the light recoil :? .

Alan :)

Cochran

#19 Postby Cochran » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:01 am

Matt

If I converted it properly, 9kg is about 19.8 lbs. Thats about the average weight of our Open class rifles here in the states. Myself and several other guys shoot 6.5x284s free recoil. We run triggers from 1.5 to 6 oz. Its fairly easy to do if your positioned right and stop the stock with your shoulder. I have seen a couple of guys get bit though.

I also know that some of the best shooters we have, use triggers in the 1 to 1.5 lb. range and hold onto there rifles to some extent.

Jeff

bjld

free recoil

#20 Postby bjld » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:22 pm

G'day Matt
I shoot my 6.5x284 free recoil. I've taken it up to the 9 kg limit to do so. I also believe that an increase to 10 kg would improve performance.
Regards
Ben

#21 Postby Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:06 pm

Jeff congrats on your win at the US Nationals =D> \:D/
Where was Bob Crone haven't seen or heard much from him lately??

Matt P
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Bair

#22 Postby Eric Bair » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 pm

Bob and Leslie attended the match. Bob only shot the team event though.
He stated that he and Leslie are taking a little break and doing some traveling, and he has also been quite involved with his business recently
Hopefully we can look forward to seeing him in the future.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”