cci br 4 primers

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

whippy

cci br 4 primers

#1 Postby whippy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 pm

i have been using cci br 4 small rifle primers in my savage for about 6 months and never had any problems with them, however today out of 15 rounds i had two non starters. has anyone else had any problems with them? also any recommendations on which primers are good is welcome as i believe nothing stuffs up a good shoot like misfires. thanks all.
SHOOT WELL & SHOOT TRUE

mike H

#2 Postby mike H » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 pm

Whippy,
I have used CCI-Br4 primers for some time, very happy with them. Also used CCI-450 for probably thirty years, with no troubles.
Before worrying about the primers, I would check the rifle, give the bolt a good clean out, Then if that is OK, check your ammo for headspace. I had odd misfires a couple of years, and my gunsmith found the missfired ones had about 15 thou headspace. He thought I had pushed the case shoulder back with the seating die, they were new cases. I took his advice and gave the seater a bit more clearance, and had no more trouble.
Mike.

whippy

#3 Postby whippy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:14 pm

mike H wrote:Whippy,
I have used CCI-Br4 primers for some time, very happy with them. Also used CCI-450 for probably thirty years, with no troubles.
Before worrying about the primers, I would check the rifle, give the bolt a good clean out, Then if that is OK, check your ammo for headspace. I had odd misfires a couple of years, and my gunsmith found the missfired ones had about 15 thou headspace. He thought I had pushed the case shoulder back with the seating die, they were new cases. I took his advice and gave the seater a bit more clearance, and had no more trouble.
Mike.

thanks mike, will check into it. i shot with them today and had no problems at all. thanks again for the advice.
SHOOT WELL & SHOOT TRUE

Return to “Equipment & Technical”