New Book: Fine-Tuning the Competition Rifle

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Graham Mincham

New Book: Fine-Tuning the Competition Rifle

#1 Postby Graham Mincham » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
Here are the details of my new book. See added file.
Graham Mincham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Graham Mincham

Re: New Book: Fine-Tuning the Competition Rifle

#2 Postby Graham Mincham » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:10 pm

To clear up any confusion, Books 1 and 2 are a set at $65, including postage.

Before I started this project I thought there were only three nodes and I revised that to four nodes in the last editions of my previous book. I was stunned, to say the least, that NINE nodes have now been confirmed experimentally.

I will also add that the Optimum Ballistic Solution also takes into account the overall evaluation of powder fill, peak chamber pressure, muzzle velocity, % powder burn, barrel life, case life and a re-chambering ability. Powder types and Nodes of interest are chosen according to the cartridge/projectile being employed in all disciplines. These are all rated and scored with the highest score at the top of a Table. Most shooters will have an interest in these parameters.

I found the results challenging too, particularly when most preferred solutions were on new Nodes and with propellant powders not in common use. I will be very interested in shooters reaction after they read this new book and realise the implications it has for all of us.

Graham

Graham Mincham

#3 Postby Graham Mincham » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:56 pm

I need to clarify the number of Nodes now available.

There are nine Nodes for every trip to the muzzle of the shock wave and oscillations. The following trips to the muzzle are used between all of the NRAA disciplines: Trip 5, Trip 7, Trip 9 and Trip 11. So the total number of tuning nodes available is now 9x4 = 36 potential Nodes. It is a significant increase in the total number of potential Nodes available to NRAA shooters.

The actual Node being employed in any particular discipline is dependent on barrel length and the cartridge/projectile weight being used. All disciplines now have potential solutions involving these new Nodes.

Have a Merry Christmas every one.

Graham Mincham
12 Dec 2023

NDOliver

#4 Postby NDOliver » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:17 pm

An excellent 'read' Graham, particularly regarding powder choice and speed v tune.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”