I must get me a BR stock!!

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Z

I must get me a BR stock!!

#1 Postby Tony Z » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:24 am

edited 15/11/05
Last edited by Tony Z on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:26 pm

Tony Z :shock: :shock: :shock:

You said the BAD word :roll:

Please don’t be one of those posters who helped to destroy the debate on stocks. :cry:

There is no magic anything .. there are just modifications and all of which are used for a reason.

So far the majority of FS and FO shooters canvassed say different to you, although the difference in accuracy is small the differences between the top shooters in FS are even smaller (score wise)

That’s all I’m going to say on the matter until it goes to the NRAA or our own polls.

Thank you :shock:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Tony Z

#3 Postby Tony Z » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:57 pm

edited 15/11/05
Last edited by Tony Z on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Q

#4 Postby Tony Q » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Sorry Tony Z

I didn’t mean to imply sarcasm. :oops:

Your right 90% of rifles will shoot better than we ever could as drivers, the human content is allays the downfall. What FO (BR) shooters are confirming is the repeatability and vertical climb or spread is under more control from certain rifle/rest types.

When your shooting on a champ target this is the area you must get under control – as well as everything else.

:?
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

bully_eye

#5 Postby bully_eye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:09 pm

There's short range BR stocks and there are stocks designed for LR Benchrest- look at the McMillan website and compare the differences between their LV stocks and their Tooley MBR for example.... big difference. I too would be happy if more FO shooters choose a short range BR stock for F-Class but alas have never seen one try..... I'd love to see them trying to balance a 28"+ tube in a stock designd for about a 20" tube.

Michael

Cameron Mc

#6 Postby Cameron Mc » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:41 pm

One of my FO rifles has a McMillan BR stock. Rem action with 26" barrel in 6mmBR.
I have made and fitted an alloy butt plate and have attached a brass weight system to this. I don,t have any problems shooting this prone using a front rest.
For me, shooting the BR stocked rifle does not pose problems. My other FO rifles have prone stocks. I don,t have a definate preferance. I shoot free recoil with all.

Just the way I do it
Cameron

Return to “Equipment & Technical”