Rcbs match master full length dies

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Wiseman7187

Rcbs match master full length dies

#1 Postby Wiseman7187 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Looking I to some dies for f standard reloading and I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with these ones?
Looking around I may need to buy from U.S. to get them and a bit expensive but buy once cry once I'm told.
Also plan to buy an are a 419 reloader to put them on.
(6month plan) :P

Any advice much appreciated.

Wiseman7187

Re: Rcbs match master full length dies

#2 Postby Wiseman7187 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Reloading in .308 also. Forgot to mention I case it's asked

Old Trev-39

#3 Postby Old Trev-39 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Postage from the good old U.S of A is mind bogling at the moment. Pack of 3 replacement mirrors for Teslong bore scope UD $ 15-00 postage UD $ 53-00 and some cents.
Cheers,
Trevor.

Wiseman7187

#4 Postby Wiseman7187 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Holy poop!!

6.5x55ai

#5 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:07 am

The biggest issue with buying from the US right now (even aside from the excruciating shipping costs) is that a lot of the suppliers, even the usually reliable ones like Sinclair, have lots of empty shelves. Out Of Stock, or Backorder is common and a lot of it applies to run of the mill lines eg 308.
Re shipping - again, aside from the elevated costs, USPS (recommend don't use them if you have a choice) is extremely unreliable. I am sure they will blame it on Covid but I just waited 8 months for some expander mandrels to turn up from 21stCentury.
Nothing against RCBS but have a look at BRT Shooters Supplies. Annie is excellent to deal with. They just don't do RCBS.

Wiseman7187

#6 Postby Wiseman7187 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:47 am

Which other full length dies would be considered to be high match quality?

My other consideration if I couldn't get the rcbs march maker was Redding dies.

PeteFox

#7 Postby PeteFox » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:42 am

6.5x55ai wrote:Re shipping - again, aside from the elevated costs, USPS (recommend don't use them if you have a choice) is extremely unreliable. I am sure they will blame it on Covid but I just waited 8 months for some expander mandrels to turn up from 21stCentury.

And I don't think it's all the USPS fault.
Last month I had some parts pass through US Customs - outward bound - that then sat in Chicago airport for a full month before being on-shipped to Australia. I think a lot of the issue is availability of space on planes.
Pete

6.5x55ai

#8 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Wiseman7187 wrote:Which other full length dies would be considered to be high match quality?

My other consideration if I couldn't get the rcbs march maker was Redding dies.

After using RCBS, Redding body, Whidden Bushing FLSing, over the years, I now use Forster FLSing dies. Quality is top notch. Zero runout induced (Redding Body dies terrible).
I use them with the expander removed and then expand using either a 21stCentury or Porter expander.

6.5x55ai

#9 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:55 pm

PeteFox wrote:
6.5x55ai wrote:Re shipping - again, aside from the elevated costs, USPS (recommend don't use them if you have a choice) is extremely unreliable. I am sure they will blame it on Covid but I just waited 8 months for some expander mandrels to turn up from 21stCentury.

And I don't think it's all the USPS fault.
Last month I had some parts pass through US Customs - outward bound - that then sat in Chicago airport for a full month before being on-shipped to Australia. I think a lot of the issue is availability of space on planes.
Pete

I agree and NZ is even worse off than Oz with fewer cargo planes coming here.
My order was forever in Chicago, arrived in Honolulu, then returned to LA for a long stay. Then turned up in Sydney (was getting excited at this stage), then went to New Caledonia for another long stay and finally to NZ.

After several months I wrote that order off and ordered an alternative product from Texas. It was in my letter box after 14 days.

On some Yankee forums there have always been complaints re USPS service within the States, certainly pre Covid even.

Peter Hulett

#10 Postby Peter Hulett » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Fedex is not cheap but can get things to Oz from USA pretty quickly as they are flying their own planes. Last parcel was here from LA in 8 days.

superx10

#11 Postby superx10 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:29 am

I can recommend Wilson full-length bushing die and foster Micro bullet seater all from BRT great service from them located in Brisbane usually get orders within a week.

They are also struggling with the equipment shortage.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”