Spend the money

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

tpiv

Spend the money

#1 Postby tpiv » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:58 am

Gday all am new here would like some advice from old heads, when deciding on a scope someone told me you are best to buy NF scopes because there killing everything else. But i said cost alot of $$$ he said buy anything else and you will regret it. What do you think? Hope you can help.

#2 Postby Guest » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:36 am

No, you wont regret it unless you go for a super cheap scope, But buy the very best you can afford,

Nightforce are good, one of the best you can buy without doubt, but you do not need to spend that sort of money, Leupold, Nikon, Tasco etc make very good scopes too and will cost you less than half of a Nightforce.

if its for target shooting, make sure you get target turrets, be sure of how much elevation and windage you get, Power is important, i would suggest nothing less than 20x. There is a wide variety of scopes on offer but make sure its designed for what you want to use it for.

And most of all, shop around, there is always someone waiting to rip you off.

whippy

#3 Postby whippy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:03 pm

g-day, over the last couple of months of observing fs shooters i have noticed a lot use weaver scopes. i have been told that they are a good scope to use. i also know of a lot of fo$fs shooters who swear by nf . i suppose it comes down to finance. what ever you choose good luck and good shooting.
SHOOT WELL & SHOOT TRUE

Return to “Equipment & Technical”