Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Message
Author
AlanF
Posts: 6928
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:22 pm
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#16 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:06 pm

It was a minor quibble Denis. I agree that minimising the time you spend looking at things other than conditions is a good strategy. It looks like a quality product.

DenisA
Posts: 1457
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#17 Postby DenisA » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 pm

AlanF wrote:It was a minor quibble Denis. I agree that minimising the time you spend looking at things other than conditions is a good strategy. It looks like a quality product.


Thanks Alan.

Tim L
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Townsville

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#18 Postby Tim L » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:34 am

Great idea Dennis, and it fits with the increasingly popular no empty cases on the mound.
With that in mind, maybe mod 1 could be a clear acitate cover rather than the solid ally one. It would allow the scorer to count rounds and the shooter would be aware of how many to go.
Just a thought, great concept though.

DenisA
Posts: 1457
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast, QLD

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#19 Postby DenisA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 am

Tim L wrote:Great idea Dennis, and it fits with the increasingly popular no empty cases on the mound.
With that in mind, maybe mod 1 could be a clear acitate cover rather than the solid ally one. It would allow the scorer to count rounds and the shooter would be aware of how many to go.
Just a thought, great concept though.


Thanks Tim. I'm stoked that you like it. I considered a few ideas regarding the cover. I kept coming back to the ultimate function of it being to shade the ammo from the sunlight and dissipate heat quickly.

In the lovely cool weather we're having at the moment, Its easy to forget how hot it gets in the summer sunlight on the range. Earlier in the year when it was HOT, laying on the mound in the blazing sun waiting for my shoot, I was thankful to see how effective this alloy sunshade is. I think everyone else will be too.

Tim L
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:11 pm
Location: Townsville

Re: Sixty.10 Rattler – Coming Soon

#20 Postby Tim L » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am

DenisA wrote:
Tim L wrote:Great idea Dennis, and it fits with the increasingly popular no empty cases on the mound.
With that in mind, maybe mod 1 could be a clear acitate cover rather than the solid ally one. It would allow the scorer to count rounds and the shooter would be aware of how many to go.
Just a thought, great concept though.


Thanks Tim. I'm stoked that you like it. I considered a few ideas regarding the cover. I kept coming back to the ultimate function of it being to shade the ammo from the sunlight and dissipate heat quickly.

In the lovely cool weather we're having at the moment, Its easy to forget how hot it gets in the summer sunlight on the range. Earlier in the year when it was HOT, laying on the mound in the blazing sun waiting for my shoot, I was thankful to see how effective this alloy sunshade is. I think everyone else will be too.

Mate, you're talking to a North Queenslander, I put my bullets in a bullet warmer when I head South :D
Point taken though.


Return to “Equipment & Technical”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests