Buying A&D FX-120I Scales

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

ElleeL

Buying A&D FX-120I Scales

#1 Postby ElleeL » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering where you guys have bought your A&D FX-120I scales from? Or if you can recommend the most cost effective place to buy one? Also hoping to get the auto throw and auto trickler.

Thanks!
Ellee

ajvanwyk

Re: Buying A&D FX-120I Scales

#2 Postby ajvanwyk » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:47 am

Area 419 - provides all you need including upgrades.... https://www.area419.com/product/auto-tr ... 20i-scale/
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

pbs762

#3 Postby pbs762 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:40 am

I got mine through Cambridge Environmental, see https://ceproducts.shop/collections/fea ... hrow-combo

michaeljp

#4 Postby michaeljp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 am

The scale shop in Perth

agro

#5 Postby agro » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:21 pm

The scale shop in Perth

bobeager

#6 Postby bobeager » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:48 pm

Ditto, a good guy to deal with and a 5 year Australian Warranty

ElleeL

#7 Postby ElleeL » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks guys! I'll check out the recommendations.

Darren Canute

#8 Postby Darren Canute » Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Try looking up Kaizen Tactical ...
I got a thrower and trickler !

Fire Dog

#9 Postby Fire Dog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:Area 419 - provides all you need including upgrades.... https://www.area419.com/product/auto-tr ... 20i-scale/

I agree, buy the complete package with the current up grades.
I bought mine through the Canadian site which links up the package with Area 419 additions but have since dealt with Area 419 for further up grades.
The thick, clear Perspex top and the plastic straw drop tube replacement are really worth doing as well as the self-centering V pan replacement.

If you buy from the Canadian site then they are currently promoting their own Up-Graded version but rather than being machined aluminum that Area 419 uses in their products the Canadian stuff is printed plastic...
Beware of Static Electric charge using plastic!! It will drive your scale crazy...
You will need to pay GST on the import when it arrives {extremely well packed} and that will involve going online to fill out the the import documentation listing the category and item # + $90 just for the privilege of doing the paperwork and paying GST... STILL worth it!
Some have mentioned a place in Perth, there is also an A&D sales and service in New Castle NSW though you would only be able to buy the scale and then have to order the bits and pieces from Area 149 or Canada... Just be aware that the Combo set that is sold it set up for being used as a reloading tool and the plain scale does not have the extra electronics to run the powder throw and tickler... You will have to buy that side of things and set it up yourself... IF you are good with electronics perhaps that is the cheapest way to go but being able to run the thing straight out of the box is a worthwhile advantage... All the bugs have been worked out!
I have left a trail of electronic scales behind before buying the A&D FX120 setup and I wish I had just gone ahead and bought it in the first place.
Note what others have said, this is a precision Lab Rated product and it can be serviced (if you should ever need it) here in Australia.
A&D sales and service have a business in New Castle NSW.
Cheers,
Fire Dog :D

Fire Dog

#10 Postby Fire Dog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:43 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:Area 419 - provides all you need including upgrades.... https://www.area419.com/product/auto-tr ... 20i-scale/

I agree, buy the complete package with the current up grades.
I bought mine through the Canadian site which links up the package with Area 419 additions but have since dealt with Area 419 for further up grades.
The thick, clear Perspex top and the plastic straw drop tube replacement are really worth doing as well as the self-centering V pan replacement.

If you buy from the Canadian site then they are currently promoting their own Up-Graded version but rather than being machined aluminum that Area 419 uses in their products the Canadian stuff is printed plastic...
Beware of Static Electric charge using plastic!! It will drive your scale crazy...
You will need to pay GST on the import when it arrives {extremely well packed} and that will involve going online to fill out the the import documentation listing the category and item # + $90 just for the privilege of doing the paperwork and paying GST... STILL worth it!
Some have mentioned a place in Perth, there is also an A&D sales and service in New Castle NSW though you would only be able to buy the scale and then have to order the bits and pieces from Area 149 or Canada... Just be aware that the Combo set that is sold it set up for being used as a reloading tool and the plain scale does not have the extra electronics to run the powder throw and tickler... You will have to buy that side of things and set it up yourself... IF you are good with electronics perhaps that is the cheapest way to go but being able to run the thing straight out of the box is a worthwhile advantage... All the bugs have been worked out!
I have left a trail of electronic scales behind before buying the A&D FX120 setup and I wish I had just gone ahead and bought it in the first place.
Note what others have said, this is a precision Lab Rated product and it can be serviced (if you should ever need it) here in Australia.
A&D sales and service have a business in New Castle NSW.
Cheers,
Fire Dog :D

Return to “Equipment & Technical”