Just starting out

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

superx10
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Just starting out

#61 Postby superx10 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm

You white men talk with forked tongue, 1000 yards,129 acu bond, 22 in barrel, off a bipod, not dropping a point, mmmm.
This sort of information can lead to delusional thoughts for newcomers. Knowing F class shooters you may see a stampede to the Lithgow factory.

williada
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

#62 Postby williada » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Dropping one point superx10 and using a bipod. I see you have difficulty reading (lol). Must have been the rear bag mate. It was actually true. He favours the Lithgow over his Tikka WSM for HC [-X. I went back and checked the Hexta target for two shoots at 1000 and add a correction. The one point he dropped was a shot at 6 o'clock which should have been a two point loss and the second shoot he dropped 2 points. This is one consistent rifle given the setup. Better than what I achieved on the day with an F Open rifle.

superx10

#63 Postby superx10 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Williada
Maybe bad shooters have some sort of geno deficiency, if that is so maybe the opposite is true. Just a bit banta mate.
How are you going getting through the 1000 180 Hypbrids I sold you.
Ya mate Sellsie sent me a picture this morning of a group shot from a barrel that I sold him, worn out, 9 shots into a bug hole.

Going blind and have a shooting deficient gene.
Hope you can get up to Belmont later this year and escape the Vic cold.

Cheers
Scotty

williada

#64 Postby williada » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:12 am

Cheers Scotty, those booolits will be used for special occasions just to annoy the young guns occasionally. Haven't had a shot since March, even at home. You're right, just too bloody cold. Back in the day we used to take an ice pick with us to the outside dunny. :D

Vicko

#65 Postby Vicko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

Barndo

#66 Postby Barndo » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:04 am

Another newbie, bought an Omark with a new 223 barrel & cleaned out the koffers on a 12-42x56
Lightforce(SH). Comes with a number of loaded rounds of 55g Nosler and don’t know what load.
I think I’ll use these to sight in then reach out a bit further. This seems to be a big learning curve ahead, but I’m not shy to ask questions. There will be questions…..
Barndo

Return to “Equipment & Technical”