RPA quadlock triggers

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

haemish762

RPA quadlock triggers

#1 Postby haemish762 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Hey all, does anyone know of an aftermarket trigger for the RPA quadlock octagonal other than davies?

Cheers Haemish

CEW

#2 Postby CEW » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:49 pm

Recently i saw a trigger, of the same name you mentioned, cut in half with angle grinder sitting in a pile of scrap metal. When I asked the fellow, who does build LR rifles up in FNQ, what the story was, he just simply said that he made a hanger bracket and fitted a Rem 700 style trigger and that the owner never had another problem. Somewhere on one of my web site visitations I saw just such a hanger offered for sale that fitted the Quadlock and Quadlite. Can't recall exactly where. Sinclairs maybe? Sorry I can't be more detailed.
Peter.

bruce talty

Re: RPA quadlock triggers

#3 Postby bruce talty » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:47 pm

haemish762 wrote:Hey all, does anyone know of an aftermarket trigger for the RPA quadlock octagonal other than davies?

Cheers Haemish
Yes if you give me your e-mail address i can send you instructions of one and where to buy it .Bruce

Triplejim

#4 Postby Triplejim » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:28 am

RPA Octagonal action came with the RPA Grey or Davies S/S trigger, I now have some grey triggers (to be rebuilt), TR or FS? tks James

bruce talty

#5 Postby bruce talty » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Triplejim wrote:RPA Octagonal action came with the RPA Grey or Davies S/S trigger, I now have some grey triggers (to be rebuilt), TR or FS? tks James
Hi Jame's how are you going a shooter in my club wanted another trigger for her RPA and i got in contact with Robert in France and he told me who made his triggers and who was selling them in Australia she ended up with one of them, i am alright for triggers i have 3 Jewells. Thank's Bruce

Triplejim

#6 Postby Triplejim » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:49 pm

she's now using a grey trigger, risky using Jewell triggers on Quadlocks, the belville washers break them, James

bruce talty

Trigger

#7 Postby bruce talty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:17 pm

Triplejim wrote:she's now using a grey trigger, risky using Jewell triggers on Quadlocks, the belville washers break them, James
Hi James i have never known anyone to have so much trouble with triggers as she has, i have the Jewells on my Remington 700s. i know another shooter who has a RPA and Millennium and he has changed the triggers about 3 times, i think he has Burnie Hawes triggers on both now he another shooter that has trouble with triggers i think a lot of the problems with triggers is in shooters heads, i have never had trouble with any trigger that i have owned and i have 5 Timneys 3 Remingtons 3 Jewells 1 Hart which has broken through where the retaining pin go through the leaver they will repair it for free but i will have to send it back to them in the USA and that's a big hassel. Bruce

Triplejim

#8 Postby Triplejim » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Partially a stock problem, a 1.5kg trigger requires a 1.5kg grip to counteract releasing the trigger whereas a 2oz trigger = 2oz grip. If the thumbhole is level with the finger piece (ala smallbore style), it's difficult to release a 1.5kg two stage trigger when the finger piece requires an upward arc to release the sear.

At the ICFRA meeting last week, delegates decided to reduce the TR trigger weight to 500grams for the Palma match and World LR Championships, James

bruce talty

Trigger Weight

#9 Postby bruce talty » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Triplejim wrote:Partially a stock problem, a 1.5kg trigger requires a 1.5kg grip to counteract releasing the trigger whereas a 2oz trigger = 2oz grip. If the thumbhole is level with the finger piece (ala smallbore style), it's difficult to release a 1.5kg two stage trigger when the finger piece requires an upward arc to release the sear.

At the ICFRA meeting last week, delegates decided to reduce the TR trigger weight to 500grams for the Palma match and World LR Championships, James
That sound's like a good idea James is the NRRA going to adopt that ruling in Full Bore and TR ,F Class Std at some time in the future, i just remembered a club mate of mine was looking for a new trigger for his RPA or Millennium how much are they? i have just sent him a e- mail to see if he still want one will put him in touch with you if he does, have you advertised it in the ATR magazine?Bruce

Return to “Equipment & Technical”