How to hit the bullseye at 900 yd?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Re: How to hit the bullseye at 900 yd?

#46 Postby GSells » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Buckshot wrote:Plinked a couple 5 shot groups this arvo. One at 200 and one at 400yd.
Had .5 moa left wind dialed for 200 and 1.25 moa left wind for 400.
This is brand new lapua cases and going off the 8 moa comeup needed at 400 my velocity is way down. I might even use this load to fireform some brass at the 200yd but might need to fiddle a bit more powder into it for 400yd its like a shotgun :(

If you look at the 200 m group it looks very much like the 400 m group! Timing seems slow!
Wilddog Mark Fairbarn once said “ if it doesn’t group ad more powder !” With caution of course. The projectile looks slow !! And is possibly negatively compensating ! Ditch that load !

Speed up timing a bit by jamming and trying oring tunning ! It makes a good load want to shoot and a brilliant load super tune !! It’s also very cheap to do ! Nothing ventured nothing gained !

There is just so much to learn and bad groups could also be shooter error like one flyer from my group in pic above post ! Trick is knowing what’s rubbish and what’s good info ????

Let me know how u go with harmonic oring tuning ?

Regards Graham.

GSells

#47 Postby GSells » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Also orings works on my 338 edge and finally cracking a 1 mile shot ! 300 gr Berger 2750 FPS . Took me about 3 years to achieve, 1 attempt per year lol! ( ok , I am now showing off. Being 1/2 Finnish decent , that is normal haha! :lol: )

https://youtu.be/wBtDtb2n7bs
If you can view it on a big Tele , you will see the orings on that barrel . I had beautiful waterline elevation at a mile ! That’s why I hit the plate and failed 2 times before that . I had to work harder on the tuning side !!

Great vid work by my good mates too ! Top job!! Thankfully I didn’t shoot the drone down !! #-o

Buckshot

#48 Postby Buckshot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Great Shooting Graham, nice looking gun too.

Getting some good info out of this thread and appreciate all the help so far. =D>

Ive already got fence pailings and screws, electrical conduit, silastic, epoxy, lead shot and intercooler hose on the gun, so some orings and plumbers tape should finish it off nicely. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to trying all the ideas out. Thanks again

GSells

#49 Postby GSells » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:10 am

Buckshot wrote:Great Shooting Graham, nice looking gun too.

Getting some good info out of this thread and appreciate all the help so far. =D>

Ive already got fence pailings and screws, electrical conduit, silastic, epoxy, lead shot and intercooler hose on the gun, so some orings and plumbers tape should finish it off nicely. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to trying all the ideas out. Thanks again

Lol! Best to tell everyone that it doesn’t work and don’t waste your time and life will be easy for you as u will be ridiculed on the line . People just don’t believe something so simple works !

But again , it’s a waste of time don’t bother with tuners and harmonic modifiers especially if your are from USA, Britain Or South Africa!! Totally a waste of time !! Stick to your naked barrels !!

And no worries Buckshot keep us informed, I would be interested in your progress?
Final post and regards Graham Sells Dalby/ Tara RC

Buckshot

#50 Postby Buckshot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Got the Bazooka on and will fire a couple groups tomorrow for better or worse

AlexE

#51 Postby AlexE » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 pm

Buckshot wrote:Got the Bazooka on and will fire a couple groups tomorrow for better or worse

Macguyver himself would be proud of that effort! Looking forward to seeing how it shoots :D

Buckshot

#52 Postby Buckshot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 am

Righto, results are in.
Just won the 200 yd shoot with this fRaNkenHoWa. Totally waste of time! Stick to the
naked barrels :mrgreen:

400yd starts in an hr, hopefully i can remember some of the tips you guys have given me here. :D

GSells

#53 Postby GSells » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Buckshot wrote:Righto, results are in.
Just won the 200 yd shoot with this fRaNkenHoWa. Totally waste of time! Stick to the
naked barrels :mrgreen:

400yd starts in an hr, hopefully i can remember some of the tips you guys have given me here. :D

Totally a waste lol! Good on ya ! I’ve been waiting bait breath to see how u went ! I wouldn’t have gone as hard as u lol at the muzzle with the lump of material but hey ? ! Stick naked barrels yep lol!

Buckshot

#54 Postby Buckshot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Just got home from the 400. Enjoyed my free can of lemonade for highest score. beginers luck maybe but i'll take it. Thanks for all the help guys. :mrgreen:

AlexE

#55 Postby AlexE » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Well done! Did you take off rifle or handicap? What was your score? I just headed out to say G'day, but I missed everyone.

GSells

#56 Postby GSells » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 pm

Buckshot wrote:Just got home from the 400. Enjoyed my free can of lemonade for highest score. beginers luck maybe but i'll take it. Thanks for all the help guys. :mrgreen:

No worries mate ! See ya Nsw teams sometime in a few years hey !!

Buckshot

#57 Postby Buckshot » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Beat Hobson by a point,I Was in the lead for off rifle for first heat at 400 but zabacks got me by 0.2 at end of second heat. Smoked em by handicap but thats not the real score is it. I made a mistake by not holding back far enough after flags suddenly dropped off which cost me bigtime. Rookie mistake but i will try learn from it. Great day overall.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”