Bag/Case for 50” Savage 12 F/TR?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

darrward

Bag/Case for 50” Savage 12 F/TR?

#1 Postby darrward » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi Guys

First off thanks for all the help with other threads as I get into the sport!

I believe I’ve settled on a Savage 12 F/TR for my initial F Class rifle but the big problem I seem to be having while I wait for the rifle to come in is finding a bag or case big enough to fit it!

When I advised the store that I needed a bag and it was 50” long they quoted me on a 50” bag... not very helpful given that’s the outside dimension ;)

I looked online and so far all the hard cases such as the Evolution Gear 6064 XL would technically fit only if the muzzle and butt were jammed up on both ends which is something I’d like to avoid, I think on an angle it should do the job but wondering if anyone else with long target rifles could give me some advise?

Darren

ben_g

Re: Bag/Case for 50” Savage 12 F/TR?

#2 Postby ben_g » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 pm

http://www.joeballscanvas.com

Joe does long canvas bags to suit Fclass rifles.

So have you settled on shooting FT/R?
The savage is alright to start out, but you would be better off finding a good F-standard rifle with a custom barrel and stock and getting into F/standard B grade.

Savage action is a great start point, I’m just not so keen on their stocks.

DenisA

#3 Postby DenisA » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi Darrward,

I've been using these ABS injection moulded Buffalo River hard gun cases. The double fits the Savages no worries. They're cheap too. They're not the greatest quality, But they've served me well on weekly basis for 9 years now.

https://buffaloriversafes.com/collectio ... 4285533191

Cutanything

#4 Postby Cutanything » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:27 pm

These may help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

darrward

#5 Postby darrward » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Looks like the Buffalo Rivers CarryPro 54" Deluxe will do the job on the range... just can't find anyone who is selling any :)

Seems a few options on a flight travel case too thanks for the pointers!

Frank Green

#6 Postby Frank Green » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:13 am

I can take a picture later tonight and post it for you tomorrow. I know it's not local to you and getting it from the U.S. to Australia might be a bit of a dilemma as well but anyways....

John Homatas here in the States makes a padded/soft case for Palma and F Class guns. Has a pocket on one side and on the bottom a pocket/sleeve to hold a cleaning rod. His website is Prone2success.com

Anyways I've got like 4 of them and the shop here the guys have several as well.

If your interested after I post a couple of pic's I can ask John for pricing. He is on his way back from the U.S. F Class Nationals and I know he sold out before the match was even over. He's going to make another run of them right now.

The cases are 57" long approx. on the inside probably close to holding a 56.5" long overall rifle no problem.

Later, Frank

Frank Green

#7 Postby Frank Green » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 pm

Here are a few pictures. One with a our logo added, John's standard logo which is Prone2Success and also a view of the reinforcing webbing on the bottom that doubles as a pocket for a cleaning rod holder if need be.

Later, Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim L

#8 Postby Tim L » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:31 pm

chicko

#9 Postby chicko » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Darrward, if your still looking for a hard case I picked up one a few weeks ago after searching these forums. It is a Predator prc-512 hard case double rifle and is a good price for what it does i believe. https://shootersdelight.com.au/product/ ... ust-proof/

Here is mine with a savage 12 ftr in it. Still have not plucked the foam out but it works fine without plucking the foam. It is just over 51" internal. Has wheels on one end also, clips front and side.
IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

Return to “Equipment & Technical”