Max peak elevation of trajectory?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

AlexE

Re: Max peak elevation of trajectory?

#16 Postby AlexE » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:50 am

GSells wrote:Even another 20 moa on the rail so it’s 40 moa would only yield 18.19 mils . Then aiming at top of post on 20 x I would still be nearly a whole mil short !! So on my .338 rifle I’ll say it is almost impossible to get to 1.9 km !

What about using a set of Burris Signature Vee rings? They are inexpensive and will give you another 20 moa without modifying the rifle?

GSells

#17 Postby GSells » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:00 am

AlexE wrote:
GSells wrote:Even another 20 moa on the rail so it’s 40 moa would only yield 18.19 mils . Then aiming at top of post on 20 x I would still be nearly a whole mil short !! So on my .338 rifle I’ll say it is almost impossible to get to 1.9 km !

What about using a set of Burris Signature Vee rings? They are inexpensive and will give you another 20 moa without modifying the rifle?

Would they handle the recoil would be the big question. This thing is not a nice thing to shoot lol!
I’ll look into !

GSells

#18 Postby GSells » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 am

But I think if I can hit a gong at 1.8 km .... I’ll be very happy as it’s B#*}%Y hard to do ! I know the vids on u tube make things like , this look easy lol! But believe me it isn’t ! So I think know your limits and this would be it !!

Return to “Equipment & Technical”