electric ear muffs for TR

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

lonerider43

electric ear muffs for TR

#1 Postby lonerider43 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 pm

you blokes who shoot TR,do you wear electric muffs ? do they interfere with cheek weld ?

what muffs do you blokes use ?
what ones are no good for us shooters and what ones are ?
is there a good/better/best ?

regards

sean.
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

6.5x55ai

Re: electric ear muffs for TR

#2 Postby 6.5x55ai » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:02 pm

After various brands of passive muffs over the years and an early set of Danish electronic muffs my muffs for the last 10 years have been MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X. Expensive but probabaly the best electronic around. Have thinner lower section on the cups that for me at any rate doen't interfere with the stock.
Only downside is generally electronic muffs don't have as higher rating as the best passive muffs. Usually theough the best passive ones a enormous/fat/bulky.

Avoid Howard Leights (spelling?) they are junk. Mate bought 3 sets - all died.

Toddy

#3 Postby Toddy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Have a look at electronic ear plugs. They never get in the way and work very well,comes with two settings. Normal and amplified. They can be expensive but shop around. I own a set of these 3M PELTOR TEP-100 TACTICAL. They come with a rechargeable hard case that fits in your pocket to keep em charged.

RJNEILSEN

#4 Postby RJNEILSEN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:45 pm

I have been using a pair of Peltor Tactical Sport earmuffs for about 10 years. I use them for TR, pistol and shotgun. These are extremely well made and have seen numerous heavy rain sessions. Occasionally due to poor head position they have lifted allowing too much sound in. I now use with disposable earplugs and have the volume turned up high so I can hear what is going on.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”