ozfclass.com Donation

This Forum is provided for ozfclass.com members who want to help our F-Class teams. You can start your own topics to pledge donations, or start fund-raising initiatives.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ozfclass.com Donation

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 pm

VVN165.jpg
I have here five 1Kg bottles of N165 powder to use as a fund-raiser. This has been my go-to powder for the last 10 years - it is said to be the coolest burning powder bar none, and is ideal for fast 6.5 and 7mm magnums. Because it is now unavailable in Australia, I've decided to change to other brands of powder, but it is still very much available everywhere overseas including Canada so may be of particular interest to F-Open Team SAUM users. I bought 9 Kg of this a few years ago for $1200 so these 5 bottles cost $666.

My intention is to auction these as a single lot here, and donate the entire amount of the winning bid to the FCWC Teams. I propose to have a reserve price of $650 and take bids in $50 increments, with the auction ending at a fixed date and time. I would also allow PMs if bidders want to remain anonymous, but the bid itself would be posted on the forum.

I'm open to suggestions, particularly if they maximise the income for the team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveMc

Re: ozfclass.com Donation

#2 Postby DaveMc » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 am

Thank you very much Alan, That is very generous of you and maybe a great idea for those that have some gear they are thinking of retiring.
Dave McNamara

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Okay, the 5Kg of N165 is now up for auction!.

Its going as a single lot. I'll accept $50 increments, and the auction will close at the end of this month (at precisely midnight on Feb 28th). I won't put a reserve on it, except to say that if the final bid is disappointing, the powder will be offered directly to the FCWC F-Open Team to use as they see fit.

I didn't mention delivery, but I will get the powder to the winning bidder via the shooter "courier network" as soon as possible (or your money back if not possible).

This is a rare opportunity to get some much sought after powder, and support the FCWC Teams at the same time.

So who's going to start the bidding? :D

ajvanwyk

#4 Postby ajvanwyk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:51 am

Seeing as I am working my way to be a hopefull in 2021, I'd like to bid $500 Alan.... now please pummel your gavel 3 times and make it so :D :D :D
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks Albert - 2021 FCWC selection panel - take note :D .

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 pm

So that is a $500 bid folks. I'll take increments of $50.

PhilD

#7 Postby PhilD » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:33 am

$550, thanks.

ajvanwyk

#8 Postby ajvanwyk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Well as I see it PhilD, neither you nor I are walking away with it at the moment so time to up the ante...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:33 am

Congratulations Albert! You got a bargain. And no freight hassles. I'm still waiting to find out details of the FCWC fund-raising proceeds are to be sent. Will be in touch.

DaveMc

#10 Postby DaveMc » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Thank you Albert and Alan once again very generous and will be put to good use. Cheers
Dave

RDavies

#11 Postby RDavies » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:16 pm

OK Albert, what are you going to use it in?

ajvanwyk

#12 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 am

RDavies wrote:OK Albert, what are you going to use it in?

Rod, I am running a CRM built 7 SAUM. Thus far I have absolutely no complaints about the 2209, Berger Hybrids and results from that combination. As a ex saffa now true blue, I know that there is 0 chance of getting any ADI powder there. They do however have SOMCHEM and Vihtavuori. It beckons believe when you see that a 500g tin of Somchem costs less than $40.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but interestingly the Vihtavuori is double that :roll:

I'm heading to RSA in July so will be doing a bit of shooting at the Pretoria and Bloemfontein ranges. I am hoping that this will provide some rough understanding of what could be used to drive the various pills... will be taking Berger 180 Hybrids, 162 ELD's, 183 Sierra's and working up a load for all of these.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

RDavies

#13 Postby RDavies » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:
RDavies wrote:OK Albert, what are you going to use it in?

Rod, I am running a CRM built 7 SAUM. Thus far I have absolutely no complaints about the 2209, Berger Hybrids and results from that combination. As a ex saffa now true blue, I know that there is 0 chance of getting any ADI powder there. They do however have SOMCHEM and Vihtavuori. It beckons believe when you see that a 500g tin of Somchem costs less than $40.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: but interestingly the Vihtavuori is double that :roll:

I'm heading to RSA in July so will be doing a bit of shooting at the Pretoria and Bloemfontein ranges. I am hoping that this will provide some rough understanding of what could be used to drive the various pills... will be taking Berger 180 Hybrids, 162 ELD's, 183 Sierra's and working up a load for all of these.

Albert

Oh darn, seems you have it sorted . I was hoping to tell you the N165 would be no good and was going to offer to buy it off you for $550. :D Sounds like a good idea to have your powder sorted before you head over.

Return to “FCWC Fund-raising”