Nraa queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Quick

Re: Nraa queens

#16 Postby Quick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:32 am

Craig, you shoulda just used the 'I'm testing' excuse. That works. Hahaha.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

RDavies

#17 Postby RDavies » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Congratulations to Azzo Azzopardi from Cairns win to take out FO, with Geoff Krake only a few Xs behind and Craig McGowan only a few Xs behind him. That is one tight finish.
To Franz Knox for his firtst Queens win to take out F/TR by 4 points
To Denis Aarons to take his first Queens to beat Nick Williamson in F std
And to James Corbett for his 100ths win in Target Rifle, just ahead of young Mitchell Bailey who was just in front of his dad Jim Bailey.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by RDavies on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Josh Cox

#18 Postby Josh Cox » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Didn't Azzo win an FTR Queens ?

lonerider43

#19 Postby lonerider43 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:49 pm

congrats to all shooters,i hope you all had a ball.. :)
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

DenisA

#20 Postby DenisA » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Congrats to Azzo, Frans and Marty D in FSB. It was a great week with mates. Lots of great results. Amazing to see the standard in FOpen and awesome to see Craig Mc get his eye back in after a break.

So good to have some of the boys back having a ball after recovering from the commitment of the FCWC.

Craig McGowan

#21 Postby Craig McGowan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:11 pm

RDavies wrote:Congratulations to Azzo Azzopardi from Cairns win to take out FO, with Geoff Krake only a few Xs behind and Craig McGowan only a few Xs behind him. That is one tight finish.
To Franz Knox for his firtst Queens win to take out F/TR by 4 points
To Denis Aarons to take his first Queens to beat Nick Williamson in F std
And to James Corbett for his 100ths win in Target Rifle, just ahead of young Mitchell Bailey who was just in front of his dad Jim Bailey.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hello Sir Roderick.

It is a shame you could not join us to have a laugh or two, and catch up with some of the crew from last year. All I can say is it will be interesting to see where F Class and TR goes from here, and by this I mean the level of competition and gear on the mound. A little off topic but look at Jame Corbett. 95 Scoring Shots and 70 where "V Bulls" Now that is impressive, and right behind him was a youngster, Mitchell Bailey with 70 "V Bulls" also. Also Mr No. 8 (Peter Carter) 57 "X's" out of 95 (60%) that is massive and reflects the level of gear and skill being brought to the mound.

Congratulation to Mark, you had us worried there at the last range. It all came down to the last shot....Well done. Enjoy.
Denis (Frog Man) Fantastic hit. The costume at the 1000 was a ripper. Congratulations on your first National Title.
Franz. You have jumped into FTR and have improved so much over the past 12 months.
James. What can you say about this man, that has not been said before. I believe it is 36 Queens Badges now?? (someone will correct me)

To all the other competitors, thanks for the competition and comrade. This what makes this sport special.

Redhawk

#22 Postby Redhawk » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Craig, many of us are very thankfull for all the advice freely available from yourself, Jason Mayers, Mark Fairbairn, Andrew McKillop and many more that you share selflessly to help others improve.
Thank you!

Regards
Frans

lonerider43

#23 Postby lonerider43 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:43 pm

if you dont mind me asking,how far [close] was nick williams and paul finger to the front runners ?
and how many times has nick won it ?
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

williada

#24 Postby williada » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:01 pm

The standard is red hot at the moment. Congratulations to all winners. Wow, James Corbett. Good to see you on top Denis and Krakey, so close.

AlanF

#25 Postby AlanF » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am

Denis, looks like the right move to go to F-Std, Nick Williamson is very hard to beat there - well done. And what a contest in F-Open - was still wide open at the last range, a deserved win to Azzo. And in F/TR, a convincing win to Frans. Congrats to all winners =D> =D> =D> .

GSells

#26 Postby GSells » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 am

lonerider43 wrote:if you dont mind me asking,how far [close] was nick williams and paul finger to the front runners ?
and how many times has nick won it ?

1 point , I think it was .
Congrats all!

DenisA

#27 Postby DenisA » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks guys. It was a very fortunate Queens for me in many ways. John S had a scope fail early which put him out of his usual competitive nature and I was lucky enough to get benign conditions, with a Squadding misalignment, as the last shooter at the 15 shot 900. That put enough points in the bank to allow for stumble at 1000 and remain 1 point ahead. I very nearly lost the lead.
My use of a spotting scope suited the majority of conditions which Proved mirage to be King and he new addition of my gravity fed ammo caddy allowed me to get 5 - 7 second accurate shots away to snag a few extra points.
Who'd have thought that a frog with a Savage and a pre-fit barrel could do that.

I really appreciate the kind comments and encouragement from members on this forum, through Facebook and also in person on the range. It's a great community.

saum2

#28 Postby saum2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 pm

williada wrote:The standard is red hot at the moment. Congratulations to all winners. Wow, James Corbett. Good to see you on top Denis and Krakey, so close.

David, it was close, a lot of if's and maybe's but in the end Azzo deserved the win. He shot well all week.
Just so you know, that new barrel with the special tuner you helped me with was pulled out only on Queens day 2 for the 15 shot match and day day 3. (no tuning just found a lucky load) but no projectiles available to shoot the full Queens. It looks a hummer. I won Darwin lead up with it but sadly I had to manage use. Thankyou for your guidance.
cheers
Geoff

Return to “Events”