Victorian Queens Series - 2018

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Steve N

Re: Victorian Queens Series - 2018

#61 Postby Steve N » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Looks like Rod has his act together from first day results. Never ceases to amaze me how well he prepares.

RAVEN

#62 Postby RAVEN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Good luck to all competitors I'm sure you will all have a great time.

Cheers
RB :D

AlanF

#63 Postby AlanF » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:42 am

Greetings from Canberra. Yes Rod quickly "asserted his authority" yesterday after trying a few things in the leadup. I believe he's using his SAUM right through after doing the first range with a 6 or 6.5. Conditions were pretty tame yesterday, with an occasional tricky condition at 600. Looks like it'll be similar today and tomorrow so the key requirement will be good vertical, not easy to achieve at 1000 yds. Will let you know if anything happens that isn't obvious from the scores.

RAVEN

#64 Postby RAVEN » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:16 pm

Congratulations Rod D FO , Rod M FTR Queens winners & Bob K FO , Graeme K FTR Grand Agg Winners
Very close in the FSA grade just a handful of X's in it a bit more Load D Bob P :)
=D> =D> =D>
RB

AlanF

#65 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 am

Yes well done to all. Rod was in majestic form in F-Open, but Bob Kinnear very impressive again. Great to see Danny get up in F-Std-A, and "Mahoney" in F/TR. Conditions were on the whole pretty good on all 3 days, still very warm for this late in the year, but nothing like it used to be in March. Well run event.

DannyS

#66 Postby DannyS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:39 am

Yes, it was a very good week. Conditions were generally good with very light winds, but that didn’t really make it any easier as scores were very close.

Was great catching up with old mates and meeting new ones. I still believe that the mixing of TR and F Class is the way to go. We need both classes to survive, however, some things need to change. Keep chairing in the TR winner ( I don’t have a problem with that, it is their tradition). I think a slight change to seating positions of the winners during presentations could be made, Rod Davies was sat directly behind the TR winner (almost out of sight), maybe we could all sit side by side.

Then the VRA sent out an email proclaiming the TR shooter the winner of the Queens, no mention of F Class winners. How hard would it be to send an email acknowledging the winners of both classes as the winners of the Queens. It just needs a slight change of mindset.

Membership is declining, maybe one way of changing that is by treating all classes on an equal basis.

Ok, that’s my whinge.

Congrats to the other winners and the other competitors that made it a great event. I can now add a No. 1 Queens Badge and a No. 1 Grand Agg Badge to my collection.

Cheers
Danny S
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

sungazer

#67 Postby sungazer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:05 am

The traditions are not really the target rifle shooters in all strictness they were the traditions of the Military Musketeers and when the Military run 303 days ended a new category was formed. These things evolve and will continue. Congratulations to all the winners.

RDavies

#68 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:55 am

I'm home and all unpacked now finally.
Once again, congrats to Duncan Davies for his first Queens win and also to Danny for his F std win and Rod Mahon for his F/tr win.
It was a very enjoyable and well run shoot, I don't know why I never made it down here for so long but I will be returning for sure. The weather in its new time slot was great and the range and facilities in great condition.
While I also do enjoy being mixed in along the range with all other disciplines, I would still prefer if we could be squadded in the same relays as our competitors. I have to admit I was pretty lucky with the conditions I got, or didn't get more to the point, but that is something to discuss some other time.
I hope to see many of you there next year.

sungazer

#69 Postby sungazer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Rod not sure if I understand what you mean about the squadding. My idea of the best squadding would be to put say the F open toped ranked shooters all in first place on a board on different targets then the next ranked shooters in second place. So for instance in the Vic Queens all the F Open shooters would be on a different target but shooting at roughly the same time and if first for the first range of the day exactly the same time. If it was done this way you would have different disciplines on each board but each would shoot in roughly the same conditions. by mixing the boards it also equals out the time each board takes.

RDavies

#70 Postby RDavies » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:56 pm

sungazer wrote:Rod not sure if I understand what you mean about the squadding. My idea of the best squadding would be to put say the F open toped ranked shooters all in first place on a board on different targets then the next ranked shooters in second place. So for instance in the Vic Queens all the F Open shooters would be on a different target but shooting at roughly the same time and if first for the first range of the day exactly the same time. If it was done this way you would have different disciplines on each board but each would shoot in roughly the same conditions. by mixing the boards it also equals out the time each board takes.

Yes, this exactly. We would still be spread across the range, mixing with all other disciplines before shooting, not all bundled together on a few targets as it used to be.

Return to “Events”