sara queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

DaveB

Re: sara queens

#46 Postby DaveB » Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Cessnockians one and two, congratulations guys. Must be something in the water there?

RAVEN

#47 Postby RAVEN » Sun May 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Congratulations to al the winners and the rest great contest always enjoy the company immensely
Solid shooting Nugget and a great win well deserved
Hope to see team Cessnock over here again next year :)
for those locals that didn't attend you missed a great opportunity to meet the best FO shooter in the world and a nice bloke.
for those locals that did attend we now know all Cessnock and Bunyan secrets :P
RB :)
Last edited by RAVEN on Sun May 06, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve N

#48 Postby Steve N » Sun May 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Congratulations Tim, well done! Congratulations too to Mahlon, Mick and the other winners.

RAVEN

#49 Postby RAVEN » Sun May 06, 2018 7:49 pm

It was good to see DB show the master how its don't at 900m :P :P :P

RDavies

#50 Postby RDavies » Sun May 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Well, another Queens done and dusted and what a pleasurable Queens it was.
Overall the weather was good, not too hot and not too cold, with a bit of a shower early on keeping the dust down.
There were a few things to mention about this Queens.
The F class badges did say "Queens" on them and they did give badges for 1/3rd entries in all classes
F Class winners marched in with the TR winners and were seated up front and there were good prizes for all winners. They called Jamie Dennis from Nightforce up at the end of the presentation to thank him for Nightforce support of our team, then they got myself up as a representative of the F Class team to present badges to TR winners, so it was a very inclusive Queens

The Squadding system they used worked very well generally, with only some very minor tweaks to be considered next time. Overall, it was very well received by the majority of shooters in all disciplines. I certainly hope other states can adopt something similar. The target pullers did a great job all the way through with no complaints from anyone. I certainly hope to return next year.
With all that out of the way, it is time to recognise the achievements of the winners.
Bluey Noll was quite emotional as he accepted his TR A grade 1st place badge and how he had been trying for 50 years to earn one.
Mahlon Reid from W.A was very strong all the way through to take 1st place in F std A grade quite convincingly
Mick Punterero was relieved to receive #1 badge in F/TR after Daniel Blackmore closed in on his lead at the final 900yds .
In F Open, Tim Nugent shot very consistently all the way through and is now doing the rooster walk around the room while displaying a lot of medals and a #1 Queens F Open badge. I suspect I will be reminded once or twice of his victory on our trip home tomorrow. A few other F Open shooters were very very close, with Stuart Braund, Mike Waites and Brett Bunyan all within striking distance up until the last range.

bartman007

#51 Postby bartman007 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Congrats to all that attended and to Sara for a well run event, complete with blow off sessions!

To the winners, you deserved it as it was a trying 5 days of competition.

Congrats Tim on your first Queens win, enjoy telling Rod all about it on the way home and for the next few weeks at Cessnock club
###

RAVEN

#52 Postby RAVEN » Sun May 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Oh Mike I didn't learn any thing from you :P :P :P :P :P
I'm sure you will be back next year its about your turn I reckon \:D/
I would also like to thank NIGHTFORCE & KRIEGER Barrels for their fantastic support for our event =D> =D>

Tim N

#53 Postby Tim N » Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi All
Thanks for the compliments
I thoroughly enjoyed this well run event!
Even the rain wasn’t a bother we only lost 1 range.
Prizes were exceptional
I managed to walk away with a Hornady reloading press, a nightforce 2.5-10 NXS scope and a few other goodies
A huge thank you to Jamie Dennis from nightforce for such generous sponsorship of this event!!!!

301E6D1E-AB50-4CC8-8956-B9B728B1AA43.jpeg

Well done to All competitors for making the event so enjoyable.

I think Rod might be getting a little annoyed with me when I keep asking if he remembers the time I beat him at the SA Queen’s :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RAVEN

#54 Postby RAVEN » Sun May 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Nugget keep it up while you can :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Tim N

#55 Postby Tim N » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Ben F wrote:Good luck to you all tomorrow, a very close contest.
Brett 418.41
Tim 418.40
Rod 418.40
Mike 416.41
Stuart 416.35
Tim, are you using your new 6x47 all the way or 7mm at the longs ?

Ben

A special thanks to my Australia team mates listed above who attended this shoot and made it very difficult to win!

Enjoyed catching up with you all again!
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

bartman007

#56 Postby bartman007 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:59 pm

RAVEN wrote:Oh Mike I didn't learn any thing from you :P :P :P :P :P
I'm sure you will be back next year its about your turn I reckon \:D/
I would also like to thank NIGHTFORCE & KRIEGER Barrels for their fantastic support for our event =D> =D>

It's because I was aiming off so you could not read my turret as I shot. Better luck next time :P
###

macguru

#57 Postby macguru » Mon May 07, 2018 8:43 am

"I think Rod might be getting a little annoyed with me when I keep asking if he remembers the time I beat him at the SA Queen’s :lol: :lol: :lol:"

A bit like star wars when Anakin caught up to Master Obi :)
id quod est

DenisA

#58 Postby DenisA » Mon May 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Congrats Tim on your first Queens win. You must feel on top of the world. I know you and Rod are good mates and as a good mate you SHOULD give your buddy plenty of advice to help him improve his game if he wants to be the World Champion one day..

RAVEN

#59 Postby RAVEN » Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 pm

It's because I was aiming off so you could not read my turret as I shot. Better luck next time

Darn Mike that gets me every time :)
I hope all the interstater had a safe trip home
To Bruce you may not know this but that the different discipline Queens winners walk in with the chaired TR shooter and are seated next to Queens Chair at the front.
We are making improvements slowly :wink:
RB :D :D

bruce moulds

#60 Postby bruce moulds » Tue May 08, 2018 6:45 am

onya rich,
i recall fclass winners not being allowed to march behind the chair and not being invited to drinkies afterwars.
a quantum leap forward on your behalf.
lucky there is not a blackpowder section in the queens.
then the traditionalists would have to happily give up the chair to the black powder winner using their argument.
all said and done, congratulations must go to all concerned, and especially bluey noll for his score at 900.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Return to “Events”