SARA Queens - Do you want championship targets for F Std?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Trev Otto

SARA Queens - Do you want championship targets for F Std?

#1 Postby Trev Otto » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:43 pm

Evening All

The question here is primarily aimed at F Class Standard shooters but the views of all F Class competitors would be welcome.

So the question is:

"Were you planning on coming to the SARA Queens at the beginning of October and would you still come if Championship targets are used for F Class Standard?"

I appreciate that not all F Class standard shooters want the championship target but wish to accomadate the majority whilst attempting to comply with the requirements of the SSR's, ie to use championship targets.

I would appreciate respondents saying which state they are from if it's not listed on your membership details and if you're not registered then it would be good if you could either register or identify yourself in some way and give your state.

This information (the number of preferences) will be used in a submission to the SARA council on the 31st of July, so a response prior to this would be very much appreciated.

Good shooting
Trev Otto

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:51 pm

I have two things to say Trev

1. Yes to championship targets this year at the SARA queens. ( i think the majority of SA shooters do have a preference for them concidering the 3 main F class clubs are now using them)

2. The interstate shooters who come to any Queens should shoot on what is provided and have no say in another states Queens, i still believe its to late for this year as they have allready advertised the old targets :cry:

(i know it has to do with numbers, and a few other things, but i acctually belive that NO interstate shooters, ex-pats excluded, should shoot in another states queens. While its good to get an idea what the competition is, i still think it should be for the states shooters only. The Nationals is the right place where all should gather for the final show down)
Last edited by Tony Q on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

#3 Postby Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:12 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon C

#4 Postby Simon C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:14 pm

Hi Trev,

Personally, I would prefer to shoot the FB target at the Queens this year. Purely because I have only shot the champ target 4 times and will not have shot at it at all the nominated ranges listed in the Queens. However, I do enjoy shooting at the champ target compared to the FB one as it makes me work harder on my hold and calls for finite wind reading!

Cheers
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#5 Postby Tony Q » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:27 pm

I know Matt ... it was a little out there :?

I shot my first SA queens last year and was very dissapointed to find 7 FS interstate shooters, I acctually thought as i was new to this game that it was an SA thing.

I came 8th out of 19 FS shooters with only 10 months under my belt, if not for the interstaters i would have come 2nd and had a queens badge.

Selfish i know, but i still think it should be a 'Pride of your own State thing'
with the big one at the nationals.

Just my view ... i dont mean anything by it.

With OPM's ... very different, they are the 2nd level training grounds and open for all.

Simon C

#6 Postby Simon C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm

Although this is probably a topic for another thread, I dont think that is a bad concept Tony. Most other sports have a clear deliniation between state and national competition. :)
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

#7 Postby Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN

#8 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:01 am

Hey Matt ya welcome in my sandpit anytime :)

Lynn Otto

#9 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:47 pm

I agree Matt, I'd be more than happy to learn from you, anytime.
Are you coming to the SARA Queens, I'd be glad to meet you.

That said, perhaps we could keep this thread for its intended purpose of seeking feedback from people re their attendance at the SARA Queens.

Thanks guys.
Lynn

bruce moulds

#10 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:08 pm

hi all,
i would suggest voting for the fstd b grade (read fullbore) target on the sara range, as it offers more forgiveness when the target moves 3"-5" horizontally or vertically depending on conditions, which target machine one is shooting on, & whether or not the marker accidentally moves the target.
if you don't agree, vote anyway. it doesn't hurt.
regards,
bruce moulds.

Tony Q

#11 Postby Tony Q » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:17 pm

if this is happening Bruce ... it MUST be investigated.

Return to “Events”