NSW F-Class Association Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bsouthernau

Re: NSW F-Class Association Match

#31 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 am

bainp wrote:
bsouthernau wrote:Power pole for at least four caravans, possibly a second pole for another four - don't remember. Pick up the key to the change rooms from the servo - spartan but the toilets flush and the shower is hot.

It is the Service Station / Motel that has closed because the owner has recently died. I haven't heard if there is a new contact for the showground change rooms key.
Philip

Bit of wishful thinking on my part that the srvo part might still have been going.

AlanF

#32 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 am

I just spoke to Spencer Dunstall. He's going to enquire about it - watch this space.

AlanF

#33 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 am

OK here's the good oil. Yes camping is still available. The key can be picked up from the Majestic Cafe, 35 Wollongough St Ungarie Tel 02 6975 9040, 20% deposit required.

RDavies

#34 Postby RDavies » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:29 pm

This long range Bisley shoot is getting closer. Who else is looking at coming? Should be a good weekend.

AlanF

#35 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Just added "yes" to the list. Hope to stay at Ungarie.

jt

#36 Postby jt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Unfortunately only one from Canberra atm.
Cheers
Anthony.

ben_g

#37 Postby ben_g » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:13 pm

I am planning on coming along.

Is anyone camping on the range?

ben_g

#38 Postby ben_g » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 am

Just a heads up to those travelling to Ungarie.

On the Saturday there is going to be a unveiling of a giant Sherrin football in honour of the Daniher brothers and a friendly footy game afterwards.

I would say the pub is going to be a very busy place on Saturday night.

AlanF

#39 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Also West Wyalong accommodation is chockers for the Friday night, full of workers from a mine closure apparently, but most are leaving Saturday. I'll probably stop somewhere to the south and drive the last hour or two on Saturday morning.

RDavies

#40 Postby RDavies » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:07 pm

AlanF wrote:Also West Wyalong accommodation is chockers for the Friday night, full of workers from a mine closure apparently, but most are leaving Saturday. I'll probably stop somewhere to the south and drive the last hour or two on Saturday morning.

Yep, so I found. I will be staying in Cowra Friday night, then a leisurely drive to the range on Saturday morning. At least there appears to be some vacancies on Saturday night.

Caska

#41 Postby Caska » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:45 pm

any results?

AlanF

#42 Postby AlanF » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 am

Results should be on the NSW F-Class Association website on Tuesday I believe. I can only tell you the F-Open winners (didn't get a complete picture of other disciplines so in the interests of accuracy won't say anything). In F-Open Geoff Krake was the leader on day 1, then Les Roznyai won day 2, with Geoff taking the 2 day agg. Rod Davies was runner-up in the agg with Les third. I had an unfortunate episode of 15 primer failures (of the missing type :oops: ) so only had 2 sighters in the last range. But for that I might have won :^o .

Regardless of how the scores went, everyone I spoke to wants to do it again. There is no doubt that shooting Bisley style forces you to be more observant of conditions, and for every shot. There were a few other recent Bisley style shoots prior to Canada FCWC, and no doubt there will be more organised for preparation for future international shoots, but I believe there are many shooters who will want to do more Bisley regardless, either because they prefer it to string shooting, or because it will help their wind-reading skills.

The weather was not as hot as expected, but conditions were rarely easy. This was my first shoot at Ungarie, and I can imagine it would be very testing most of the time. Thanks to the organisers, Greg Warrian and Dennis and Lewis Shallis, and to Spencer and the Ungarie Club for the venue. And not forgetting John Oddy who RO'd every range.

saum2

#43 Postby saum2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks Alan for the update.
Congratulations to the organisers and competitors. Thank you Ben G for being my partner on the mound for both days.
I'm very sorry to Ungarie club and the organisers for not being there for the presentations as I had no idea that i was even close to winning as i didn't think my scores were good enough.
The 6 hour drive home was the reason i left early, had i known more I would have stayed.

Now apologies out of the way, I loved it. My second only attempt at Bisley style shooting, very challenging range with the type of weather we had plus the extra challenge of reading the weather for each shot. We had fun. I reckon I have to go back for more of this Bisley style shooting
Geoff

RDavies

#44 Postby RDavies » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:28 pm

As others said, it was a great weekend, well done to the organisers. It ended up being more popular than expected with all relays totally full, but this is not a bad problem to have. There is maybe only one person who said that this style of shooting was not really their thing, but apparently by the end of day 2 had said he would likely return. All others were keen to return and hoping for more events to be organised in locations around the country.
I managed to coax a new shooter from my club to join me. I was not sure if it would be a bit much for him since he had never been on other range, shot past 600yds, shot in any sort of wind, seen a manual target or heard of Bisley style before but was cheeky enough to beat me on the first (and some others) range. Very ill mannered of you Owen Miller.
With another year to wait until Ungarie holds this event again, who is going to step up from some other states to hold some low key, informal long range Bisley shoots in their area?

ben_g

#45 Postby ben_g » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Congrats on the win Geoff, I didn’t know you were up the top in the scores either. So hard to know when ge conditions are so tough.

Was definitely a challenge shooting pairs on such a tricky range, but I am pretty sure I learnt a few things along the way. I personally would be up for another Bisley style shoot in the future. Maybe in the cooler weather though.

Return to “Events”