Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ajvanwyk

Re: Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

#46 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Today was the first day on the range, and the first opportunity for many to experience Trentham to some degree. The ranges shot was 300 and 900 yards. I cant say that the conditions was difficult but rather I would say that today, they where nothing short of interesting. We started the day with a northerly wind gusting to about 12 mph. During the course of the afternoon this changed to a steady 6-8 mph easterly followed by a very sudden shift south, south east, back to south and ending with a blistering westerly. The pace of change can be quite brutal as I saw a couple of Kiwi shooters go from centres to 4's on the left followed by the same on the right.

Tomorrow will be another training day at 300 and 1,000yards and hopefully a time to get any last minute changes made to a good load. Interestingly, most aussies printed about 0.75 MOA higher at 300 yards and about 1.2 MOA at 900. Looks like the conditions still have many secrets to reveal over the coming days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

ajvanwyk

#47 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Almost forgot to add.... for this victorian the flags at Trentham is funny looking.... They are about 3/4 as deep/high as "normal flags (the ones I am use too) and their tipps has been clipped. They almost look like a rectangular wind sock.....

Here's another great photo in the club rooms:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Gyro

#48 Postby Gyro » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Just a wee story from 2015 when the last Oz F Team came here and I was on the score card for Mark F through the Queens shoot ... he ran a 7Saum ( I think) and shot the spotter out many times at the shorts. The gun was in one of his Wild Dog stocks with the cheek piece removed and up front attached under the forend was a 'crazy' little machined ally bag rider that had the gun effectively running on two little round section rails spaced at full width.

I remember he had at least a 7 o'clock body position ( unlike everybody here then ) and one of those terrible NF Comp scopes lol ! And he won.

GSells

#49 Postby GSells » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Here are some pics of today’s practice. I really have to get reloading and ready for tomorrow. So I won’t be saying to much like I normally do . Albert may chime in !
All went will . The wind Coach , he seems happy ! Catch ya !

Gyro

#50 Postby Gyro » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Don't ya just hate it when you've struggled all day on the range to get a good agg and ya overhear some guy ( an Ozzy even ! ) say he's dropped "×" number of points for the day ? And you've dropped more at just one range !

Such was the WRA shoot today for me .... all good though ! Cheers Rob.

ajvanwyk

#51 Postby ajvanwyk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Congratulations to Greg Warrian for taking out 1st in F Open and Geoff Willis 1st in F/TR at the Wellington Rifle Association Championship !! All up a great start for the Aussies.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

mike H

#52 Postby mike H » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Congratulations Aussies,keep going.

GSells

#53 Postby GSells » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:40 am

Gyro wrote:Don't ya just hate it when you've struggled all day on the range to get a good agg and ya overhear some guy ( an Ozzy even ! ) say he's dropped "×" number of points for the day ? And you've dropped more at just one range !

Such was the WRA shoot today for me .... all good though ! Cheers Rob.

It was nice to meet u ! If it makes u feel better ! I got Trenthamed and had a ball! Was a real challenge. Hopefully I’ll work this range out before that last shot is fired and have to go home !
But learning heaps. Very much like Northarm, Bendigo and Muckadilla all in one . For the first time I wound past 7.5 Moa at 1000 yds . So yes real experience.( I’ve heard up to 15 Moa at 1000yds) .

Something I was real happy with , was I didn’t drop a 4 or 3 or even a 2 !! Something to build on !

Greg Warrrian is a legend !!

Tim N

#54 Postby Tim N » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 am

Well done to Greg and Geoff !!!!
Keep it up for the team shoot
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ajvanwyk

#55 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 am

F-open scores after 2 ranges. Still 900 and 1000yds to come
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

ajvanwyk

#56 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am

F/TR Scores Aus
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

ajvanwyk

#57 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:21 am

FTR NZ Team
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

6.5x55ai

#58 Postby 6.5x55ai » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am

Daily results should appear here

https://www.nranz.com/results-2/event-r ... p-results/

WRA Sunday results posted.
Kiwis almost outnumbered by Oz, USA and GB competitors.
Quick count but may have got it wrong
190 total
54 Oz
22 USA
11 GB

AlanF

#59 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:33 am

Looks like conditions are a bit choppy. After the first 2 ranges Australia is ahead by 10 points in open and 4 points in F/TR. Looks like a good contest. Hang on in there fellas, and thanks for the progress reports.

ajvanwyk

#60 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Aus F Open takes Trans Tasman with 41pts and 21 centres ahead of the kiwis. Excellent coaching by Greg Warrian !
Last edited by ajvanwyk on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Return to “Events”