Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

cheech

Re: Australia vs New Zealand F-Open Teams Match

#16 Postby cheech » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:45 pm

I was part of the first FTR team 2015 and it was so memorable to say the least . The best hospitality one could ever ask for , as nothing was too much trouble !

The legal stuff NZ end was a breeze, one of the chief RO's during the comp was the National firearms officer who granted us 1 year NZ firearm license , bet you would see that in this country!!

Have fun you will

GSells

#17 Postby GSells » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Ok , getting into the playful banter and how much Kiwis and Aussies luv eachother !! Here is a joke to set off the mood for the Trans Tasman celebration!!

A Chinaman, a German and a Kiwi are working on a high rise construction site.
At lunch time, they sat down together and opened their lunchboxes. The Chinaman looked inside and said, "Ah, if I get dumpling again, I gonna jump off the building". The German looked inside and said, "Mann, if I get Sauerkraut nd Pickle again, I vill jump off zee building too". The Kiwi looked inside and said, "Smokes if I get fush and chups again, I'm gonna jump off this building as well'! The next day at lunchtime, they open their lunchboxes. The Chinaman looked inside and said, "Ah, DUMPLINGS!!!". He jumped off the 32nd floor and died. The German looked inside and said, "Mann, SAUERKRAUT ND PICKLE!!!!" He jumped off the 32nd floor and died. The Kiwi looked inside and said, "Smokes, FUSH AND CHUPS!!!" He jumped off the 32nd floor and died.
At the funeral, the Chinamans wife said, "If I know he no like dumplings, I will have make something different". The Germans wife said, "If I know he doesn't like Sauerkraut nd Pickle, I vould have made zompting (something) divferent." Everyone looked at the Kiwi's wife. She said, "Don't look at me, he made his own lunch".

Steve N

#18 Postby Steve N » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 pm

Interesting piece of history.
In 1802 the Kiwis invented the condom using a sheep's lower intestine.
In 1822 the Aussies somewhat refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the sheep first.

GSells

#19 Postby GSells » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 am

Steve N wrote:Interesting piece of history.
In 1802 the Kiwis invented the condom using a sheep's lower intestine.
In 1822 the Aussies somewhat refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the sheep first.

Boy , that’s a baaaaaaaaa..d joke :mrgreen:

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 am

If Australia had nice cuddly sheep like NZ there wouldn't be any sheep jokes :D .

ajvanwyk

#21 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 am

Dear all,

I wanted to take the time and make you aware of the generosity shown to the Trans Tasman team members through sponsorship and assistance.

Over the last few months, we have been busily trying to arrange flights, check baggage allocation, pack, repack, sorting permits, components, accommodation, team wear and many many more. I can honestly say that the process is not as daunting as one would initially think but then again, there has also been some wonderful assistance from others who have gone down this path before. So a special thank you go to the following organisations and individuals who have been exceptional to work with and have offered support without a second thought.

1. NRANZ and especially Helen Morgan who has been a rock of support for everything from accommodation, NZ permits and arranging all the team components needed in NZ.
2. Karori Rifle Club - Karyn Flanagan who not only will be hosting the teams whilst in NZ but have offered their personal equipment and space for storage and reloading purposes.
3. HipPocket Workwear (Traralgon) – Colin McDonald - who produced the team shirts, jackets and caps at wonderfully reduced prices. More importantly, they ensured that there were no delays in production even though some of the orders where last minute. It was an absolute pleasure to work with them from design to final product - https://www.hippocketworkwear.com.au/ | m 0419 563 804
4. Australasian Coatings – Dale McCleary – who are the importers and suppliers of the very popular and extremely effective KG range of gun cleaning products. Dale has supplied every shooter with a range of cleaning and bore preparation products which are sure to improve scores and increase barrel life. I have personally been using the KG range exclusively over the last few months and have discovered that following the KG system improves barrel life and scores. http://australasiacoatings.com.au/store.html | m 0428 314 270
5. Annealing Made Perfect – Alex Findlay – who will be supplying the teams with AMP gear in Wellington to anneal cases prior to and during the shoots. AMP is the only option when considering annealing and Alex did not hesitate one second to ensure the Australians have the best of the best available during our time there - https://www.ampannealing.com/index/ | m +64 274 823 365

If you are considering a supply of any of the above-mentioned components, I ask that you give companies like these the support and assistance they have shown to our shooting fraternity. I can honestly say that there are many other suppliers just not willing to support F-Class like these companies did.

Albert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Gyro

#22 Postby Gyro » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am

Nice one Albert. And don't forget the rear plates I've lined up 4 some of u. They are cut and ready but I still need to fit the sheepskin edge trim you requested for them. I'm guessing that will make u guys feel "at home" ? Regards Rob.
Last edited by Gyro on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajvanwyk

#23 Postby ajvanwyk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:37 am

Gyro wrote:Nice one Albert. And don't forget the rear plates I've lined up 4 some of u. They are cut and ready but I still need to fit the sheepskin edge trim you requested for them. I'm guessing that will make u feel "at home" ? Regards Rob.

Yes Rob, this is true :oops: :oops: :oops: Apologies for neglecting to add this information.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Gyro

#24 Postby Gyro » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am

All good mate I'm just being a cheeky bastard !

GSells

#25 Postby GSells » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Gyro wrote:Nice one Albert. And don't forget the rear plates I've lined up 4 some of u. They are cut and ready but I still need to fit the sheepskin edge trim you requested for them. I'm guessing that will make u guys feel "at home" ? Regards Rob.

Lol! Yes thanks Rob for your help too ! Sheep skin sounds great :lol:

johnk

#26 Postby johnk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 pm

GSells wrote:Lol! Yes thanks Rob for your help too ! Sheep skin sounds great :lol:

Sells.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GSells

#27 Postby GSells » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm

johnk wrote:
GSells wrote:Lol! Yes thanks Rob for your help too ! Sheep skin sounds great :lol:

Sells.jpg

Lmao!!! That’s after being Trenthamed!! #-o

bartman007

#28 Postby bartman007 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am

Everyone should be getting very excited now, not long until you go to the home of the big white cloud.

You will find the hospitality fantastic, as they look after their guests very well!

Enjoy the shoot and do well, as you have a strong team!
###

GSells

#29 Postby GSells » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 pm

bartman007 wrote:Everyone should be getting very excited now, not long until you go to the home of the big white cloud.

You will find the hospitality fantastic, as they look after their guests very well!

Enjoy the shoot and do well, as you have a strong team!

I guess I have the biggest mouth ..... or is that the biggest fingers :roll: haha! So I’ll comment on the above and hopefully speak for the team !!

Mike , thanks for the kind words , I believe we have a strong cohesive team . The open team can’t wait to get together in Trentham and become a team . There is very much a common accord and we are very much united and ready to do our level best to represent the World Champs !!

I’ve personally have been training quite hard in my farm paddock and any Comp that I can find ! Which can be a challenge this time of the year ! I’m out training again tomorrow as I was Saturday just gone and I’ll be trying to keep this up till I leave !! It’s just final preparations with loads and equipment. Checking airfares , RGP’s , Export and import permits and weighing gear and triple checking everything!! Trying not to leave any stone unturned !! I hope this will lead to the 6 P’s !
I know the rest of the team will be doing the same !

In little less than a month I’ll be flying out and meeting my team mates in Wellington!! So yes it’s getting exciting!! With the usual apprehension that I don’t “wanna be the guy that lets my team mates down” ! There is a Facebook page running in which as I’ve said before , good or bad I’ll try and keep people informed ( Albert may take part or other team members as well !) unfortunately keeping people informed will come secondary to reloading , shooting and sleeping well ! So it’s if we get time!
A wise older shooter once said to me one time when I was down and out !!

“ Aim for the stars .... as you never know ... you might hit the Moon !!” Thanks Mikie S !

bartman007

#30 Postby bartman007 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:02 pm

With the usual apprehension that I don’t “wanna be the guy that lets my team mates down”

So long as you go to the line knowing you have done your best, then you have nothing to be concerned about.

We all do our best for the team, and if it achieves the winning score then hooray. I'll be keenly watching how you all go, and I'll be taking note of the wind conditions too as you are near Windy Wellington. Don't worry if you get blown around a bit, as you have a top wind coach in Greg.

And the most important thing is to enjoy the experience!

One important thing you will take away from this trip is knowing what is required to compete overseas!
###

Return to “Events”