F-Class World Championships 2017

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Elwood

Re: F-Class World Championships 2017

#211 Postby Elwood » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:53 am

Congratulations Australia bloody well done. See you in South Africa 2021.

AlanF

Presentations

#212 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:23 am

IMG_1851.JPG

More to come from Craig...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GSells

#213 Postby GSells » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09 am

Congratulations guys ! Well done !

DaveMc

#214 Postby DaveMc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 am

Firstly commiserations to Canada and the other teams, You have all worked just as hard as us and to come so close in such a tight field would be heartbreaking. STAND TALL you were fantastic, great people and truly a world class performance by all teams.

Thank you for all the kind words but really I must downplay my role. I had little to do with it. Many people worked very hard throughout this campaign that started back with the first foray by our team to Canada ithat Matt was a part of - then Rod Davies trying to wrangle us all together in 2011. He and Linda started that ball rolling and the rest is history.

I will however make some special mentions here whilst Craig and the team enjoy the prentations and celebrations.

Firstly to the NRAA and in partiular Bob Pederson for your support and help in running the campaign this way. It was a big effort but it was great to know we had your backing and support from day 1.

Peter J Smith and Dave Stewart - the brains and years of work behind the system we now have taken to two gold medal wins in FO and a silver in FTR out of 3 attempts - you guys are the birthstone of this movement. (Not to mention the countless hours on mills and lathes hey PJ!!)

Shane Dowling - Huge job behind the scenes on both teams - totally professional and just outstanding.

Craig McGowan - From the start Craig has been the backbone of this team. Firstly as vice Captain and then (deservedly) as Captain. We have both had some tough times but you kept the calmness and professionalism we needed and deserve a huge applause from everyone.

Marty Lobert - Marty and I have been through a couple of these together - I originally promised he would not have to do much and could just concentrate on his own gear and shooting. He had to step up and take one for the team at the end when I had to bow out and was outstanding. The team (including myself) all owe you one buddy.

Stuart Braund - Wow mate, What you have come through this year (and last) to put in this management effort and ultimately turn up with extremely accurate gear and professional attitude - I am astounded. The country needs to thank you - what a great effort and an outstanding performance.

Richard Braund - Ill give you a pat on tha back when we see each other again mate. Well done - two in a row steered from the back. - Not bad on the resume!!! You and Stuart also deserve recognition for the professional way the South Aussies turn up to these events. I know it is a culture down there but you two have been working hard on it for many years.

Steve Lazarus - You bloody champion!!!! Mate it is hard to top what you have done over last couple of years. A true world class wind reading talent. Winning a few Queens with 155 grain FTR/FS rig and some great coaching wins. This to top it off. Just AUSOME!

Mike Waites - Just as bloody good - congrats on a bloody brilliant effort. As a further word I have to say I am so impressed with your professionalism. You took comments on board and worked hard on techniques like no one else. Well deserved - Three WORLD class wind coaches

Rod Davies - What need more be said - WOW!!! hard to beat that shooting resume. The team needed you to do this Rod and I couldn't be happier for you. There is no one more deserving of this haul you now have than you - thee times a world champion!!! ROD DAVIES WC - Hero of a Nation.

Adam Pohl - BLOODY BEWDY - Outstanding Adam - I know how hard you have worked and then took on suggestions to produce a 3rd in the world - what a progression to watch over the years. You must be over the moon...

Pete Carter - AUSOME JUST BLOODY AUSOME. For those of you who don't know Pete - He has been working on this goal since 2010. He shot his second grade gear for the last couple of years to pull this off and is the ultimate team player and the backbone of the NQ team. Congrats CHAMP.

Ben Ferrara, Lowell Tillack, Brett Bunyan, Peter Larsen, Josh Reid, Dave Dobson and Tim Nugent. What a TEAM!. This was so close and all of you have performed outstandingly, not only the level of gear bu the teamwork We needed everyone performing at the level they did to crack this. Go and have a beer for me. BLOODY WELL DONE.

Presentations just finished - let your hair down....
Last edited by DaveMc on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

AlanF

#215 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:17 am

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1852.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

Thanks Craig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve N

#216 Postby Steve N » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:49 am

Fantastic! Congratulations to everyone involved. A massive commitment that has pain off big time!

williada

#217 Postby williada » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Top results boys. You make us all proud.

willow

#218 Postby willow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Well done to everyone involved in the planning and execution and participation in the WC. I can say hand on heart its been exciting logging onto the computer each day to check the score updates so I can only imagine how cool it must be to be over there and taking it all in. Amazing result and hopefully you all get the recognition you thoroughly deserve.

pjifl

#219 Postby pjifl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:44 pm

While we are congratulating everyone - just a few more things I want to add.

Bartlein Barrels also had a hand in the Australian Performance.

I have seen many of the plot sheets and also want to say that the Plotters did an excellent job. It is much harder to produce an error free quality plot sheet than most realize - and it takes a lot of concentration. Very well done !

The next thing is to come home and pass all that experience and knowledge onto our younger shooters. After the party, of course.

Peter Smith.

AlanF

#220 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:04 pm

pjifl wrote:...Bartlein Barrels also had a hand in the Australian Performance...

And thanks to Craig McGowan and Frank Green for setting up the Australian import arrangements back just prior to the last FCWC. Bartleins were nigh on impossible to obtain here prior to that.

Norm

#221 Postby Norm » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Congratulations to both teams. A simply fantastic performance. =D>

sevenmil

#222 Postby sevenmil » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Congratulations guys - utterly outstanding, everyone here in OZ are cheering !!!1

John T

#223 Postby John T » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:13 pm

"Marvelous!" Was that Richie?

Exceptional. Outstanding.

In 2013, few people outside the Team gave much thought to any level of success. The Team hoped for a medal.

This year, the Team again hoped for a medal, but had to carry the heavy burden of the expectation of many Australian punters that Australia WOULD win.

"Let- down" follows victory like dusk follows day. You victors, pull up fast, accept what you have done, and bathe in the glory.

Dave, you had a tear in your eye at Raton. I bet you had "let-down" and a tear this morning.

Eric. Just 5 points. But the sweetest feeling will outlive any disappointment.

Very best regards,
John Tracey.

Azzopardi

#224 Postby Azzopardi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:40 pm

May the beer flow and the rum go down easy. You have done your country and yourselves proud.
Regards,
Azzo

Tim N

#225 Postby Tim N » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:06 am

Azzopardi wrote:May the beer flow and the rum go down easy. You have done your country and yourselves proud.

That certainly happened last night.
I wondered home around 1am and the party was only just getting started for a few of the Aussies.
The breakfast bar was alot quieter this morning with possibly a few MIA's

What a trip it has been, building guns, try outs for the team, many late nights in the weeks leading up to departure, (my darling wife said she would be happy to see me go :) ), the long flight over, long days shooting, many late nights here re loading and the absolute privelige of winning gold with a great team :mrgreen:

My thanks goes to all the team management for making this trip possible and my team mates who made the trip so enjoyable.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Return to “Events”