Anakie

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ned kelly

Anakie

#1 Postby ned kelly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 am

G'day all,
does anyone know if I will have the opportunity to be able to get a .223 rifle on paper (even at 500) at Anakie before the event as I think I've stuffed my zero yesterday? (I think I wound the elevation the wrong way back to "0"and could be up to +/-10moa out) I wont have another opportunity to check it before the match.
This 'll teach me to pay arttention!
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
Cheerio Ned

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Ned,

If you're shooting standard, you'll be able to bore site at 500. If you're shooting open, contact Peter Hulett (see contact details on the flyer). He might let you do some sighters on the 500 if you get there early. I don't believe any of us Open shooters will begrudge you a bit of leeway. Might be different if you had a .300 Magnum :D :D !

Alan

Peter Hulett

#3 Postby Peter Hulett » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Never know who is lurking do you?

No worries Ned. We will have a 25 metre zero target available all day.

You can get a zero on that and then away you go.

Cheers

Peter Hulett

ned kelly

#4 Postby ned kelly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 pm

G'day Peter,
many thanks, i'll work it out from there

G'Day alan,
I'll be shooting FO 3 x 800
Cheerio Ned

Ken L

#5 Postby Ken L » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 am

Peter Hulett wrote:Never know who is lurking do you?

No worries Ned. We will have a 25 metre zero target available all day.

You can get a zero on that and then away you go.

Cheers

Peter Hulett

Ned
The use of a 25 metre Fullbore Zero target for F Class is fraught with errors mainly due to the hight of the scope above the barrel that give's you problems. Unless you can change the position of aiming mark above the bore line to suit the height of the centre of the Objective lens.
Ken L
PS it is always a good idea once you have a zero to count the number of clicks you have left below the zero to the end of the adjustment range. That becomes the absloute reference for when you get lost.
Caution should be taken if your wind zero is not central to the axis of the scope as this will change the end of the adjustment range position.

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:41 pm

If any F-Open shooters are humming and harring about coming, I believe there will be at least 6 F-Open there, with some pretty handy shooters among them. And don't forget its indoors, so its only the poor markers who'll have to suffer the expected heat.

Ned,

I'm sure you'll be right with getting on the target - bring a few extra rounds and between us we should get you into the 8 ring (that's a reasonable shot at 800m at this range!) :lol:

Alan

Peter Hulett

Anakie

#7 Postby Peter Hulett » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 pm

For information of all shooters.

On Geelong Prize meeting's program it states that we will not proceed if there is a Total Fire Ban on that day.

This decision was made back in November when things looked desperate. Since then we have had no rain and so everything has dried off and there is no chance of a fire as there is nothing to burn.

We will be shooting on saturday and the F-Open shoot will proceed as planned.

You can spend the day in airconditioned comfort unless you are tapped on the shoulder for marking. Because it will be hot the marking changes will be frequent and we still guarantee to have you on your way home early. Forecast maximum for geelong is 35 degrees.

Cheers

Peter Hulett

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks Peter - we're coming from as far as Portland so its good to know it won't be for nothing. See you on Saturday.

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:00 pm

A brief report on Anakie. We had a great F-Class turnout - 3 F-Std A, 8 F-Std B and 8 F-Open. Thanks to all who turned up from near and far. Weather was very warm, but it was great being able to shoot from inside the clubhouse. Wind was generally a headwind, varying in direction quite unexpectedly, so scores were a bit patchy.

Bruce Houston won A-Grade. Two local shooters had to be separated by countback in B-Grade, and Geoff James prevailed. I won F-Open and got picked on for getting the best weather conditions (again).

Click here for Placings

Alan

AlanF

I Was Wrong

#10 Postby AlanF » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:50 pm

AlanF wrote:...Two local shooters had to be separated by countback in B-Grade, and Geoff James prevailed...

Apologies to Geoff James and David Shepherd :oops: - I looked at the scores and PRESUMED Geoff had won on a countback. In fact David won in a shootoff!

Another thing I need to say is that this unique range needs our support. F-Class numbers were good, but Target Rifle numbers were disappointing. Anakie range puts variety into our sport - soon they will be trialling an electronic target. And I would expect there will be other innovations coming which are made possible by the "one mound, multiple butts" configuration, and by the all-weather capability.

So I urge F-Class shooters to support the meetings held here. I know there are many F-Std shooters within easy driving distance who didn't make it. Shooting is mainly about having fun, and this range has a lot of potential for providing it, but needs shooters on the mound, or should I say manning the gun ports! :D :D

Alan

Return to “Events”