Lang Lang OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanW

Lang Lang OPM

#1 Postby AlanW » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:01 pm

The Lang Lang OPM will be held this Saturday October 8

3 x 500 yards 10 shot matches

Catering for all grades including F/TR

This event will be shot on HEHTA Electronic Targets - Watch live at http://www.hexsystems.com.au

Flyer available here: http://www.langlangrc.com/LangLang_OPM_Flyer_2016.pdf

Looking forward to taking your entries.
Alan Wright

ajvanwyk

Re: Lang Lang OPM

#2 Postby ajvanwyk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:54 am

Looking forward to this event.... my first OPM so no expectations - just a lot of excitement ! To crown all of this it will be the first time shooting of ET's. Can you have it any better !!!

See you there.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

saum2

#3 Postby saum2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Geez first up win....congratulations

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:47 am

Yes Albert really hit the ground running at Lang Lang. He was using a McNamara built 7 SAUM. He was supposed to be our secret weapon for the DRA Teams next Sunday, but the cat is out now out of the bag.

saum2

#5 Postby saum2 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:01 am

Alan, I'm not required by Number 3 DRA, so available to good home if required for the DRA teams.
With a secret weapon like that, your a sure winner already.
Geoff

MCLE

#6 Postby MCLE » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:15 pm

It was a very well attended. I think around 70 competitors. Well run and a heap of fun.

DaveMc

#7 Postby DaveMc » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:09 am

Congratulations Albert on a fine win so early in your F class career =D> Some very nice looking groups there so looks like you have found your load. :D

ajvanwyk

#8 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:39 am

Thank you Alan, Dave and others for your kinds words.

Well who would have thought that my expectations of a great day out could only be trumped by a win… I guess I was very lucky with both Alan Fraser and Mike Waites trying new things on the day

That said, with an incredibly well-built CRM SAUM and all the advice on what this gun may like, it was really down to the monkey behind the scope to point straight and pull true [-o< [-o< . Well, I would say that got me half the way there.

The other half and by no small measure is the incredible amount of support, learning and mentoring I have received at Rosedale club. Every week I drive more than 2 hours just to tap into the expertise and openness of the members at this club. I cannot think of a single person that has not been willing to impart knowledge and help guide me along the way. If I had too, I would probably drive 4 hours every time to ensure that level of assistance.

So now, a week later, I am still struggling to wipe the smile from my face… Hopefully I can keep it a little longer by giving my best to the team at the DRA shoot in Bendigo on Sunday.

Albert
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:25 pm

ajvanwyk wrote:Thank you Alan, Dave and others for your kinds words.

Well who would have thought that my expectations of a great day out could only be trumped by a win… I guess I was very lucky with both Alan Fraser and Mike Waites trying new things on the day

That said, with an incredibly well-built CRM SAUM and all the advice on what this gun may like, it was really down to the monkey behind the scope to point straight and pull true [-o< [-o< . Well, I would say that got me half the way there.

The other half and by no small measure is the incredible amount of support, learning and mentoring I have received at Rosedale club. Every week I drive more than 2 hours just to tap into the expertise and openness of the members at this club. I cannot think of a single person that has not been willing to impart knowledge and help guide me along the way. If I had too, I would probably drive 4 hours every time to ensure that level of assistance.

So now, a week later, I am still struggling to wipe the smile from my face… Hopefully I can keep it a little longer by giving my best to the team at the DRA shoot in Bendigo on Sunday.

Albert

Where's the like button ! Awesome to see !
You'll have to come to Qld for a tour =D>
Regards Graham

Return to “Events”