Bundaberg opm

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

scott/r

Re: Bundaberg opm

#16 Postby scott/r » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Cool, see you guys tomorrow arvo.

DenisA

#17 Postby DenisA » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Amac wrote:Hi all

Weather forecast is looking at showers for Saturday and fine Sunday. The shoot is still on and people will be arriving from today.

Definitely pack some wet weather shooting gear in case. Range is in great order so easy to move around.

Looking forward to seeing what you have devised for wet conditions Denis.

See you all soon.

Cheers Andrew

I haven't devised anything further for the wet Andrew. My dreams of glory have been shattered unless your CRO is prepared to allow me to use my hoop???? ;)

jasmay

#18 Postby jasmay » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Denis, how much weight spare do you have? why not attached it to your rifle?

Tim N

#19 Postby Tim N » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Dennis,
All these rules relate to rifle specific cover etc which makes things way too complicated.
My suggestion is you go with a mexican style sombrero with 2 supports hanging from the 1m waterproof peak on the front of your hat, simply say they are there to shoo the flys and if you can claim some sort of mexican hertage you shouldn't be questioned any further.
Think I've solved it :D
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

johnk

#20 Postby johnk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:43 pm

DenisA wrote:I haven't devised anything further for the wet Andrew. My dreams of glory have been shattered unless your CRO is prepared to allow me to use my hoop????

Sincerely hope you are joking, Denis.

Undoubtedly the QRA & NRAA would take serious exception to somebody knowingly coercing a range official to approve transgression of the SSRs.

John [-X

DenisA

#21 Postby DenisA » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Jas, I thought of that after the latest knock back but have come to the conclusion that they'd still knock it back if it were on the rifle. I believe that the decision makers are saying no purely for the sake of it, they don't have the best interests of the shooters at heart and they are not considering the genuine reasons for why this type of thing should be allowed.
I'll name a couple:
1. Safety and ease of regulating it in poor conditions.
2. To protect the gear underneath it. Commonly $5000+ rifle, $3000 scope, $1500 front rest all of which can be damaged by water. We're not snipers in the jungle having to brave rugged conditions, we're sportsmen trying to play our game safely, on a shooting range that is a controlled environment and constantly trying to improve on the game.

What now, everyone will do as we have in the past and just throw a wet towel over the gun and the shooters head..... Because that's safer :shock: and still doesn't comply with the rules.

Tim, I hear you, but this hoop is a part of the front rest which there are no rules of shape or size.

There's no unfair advantage because if they allowed it then everyone who wanted to would follow suit.

Anyway, a little off track here. This should be posted in the other thread.

DenisA

#22 Postby DenisA » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:11 pm

johnk wrote:
DenisA wrote:I haven't devised anything further for the wet Andrew. My dreams of glory have been shattered unless your CRO is prepared to allow me to use my hoop????

Sincerely hope you are joking, Denis.

Undoubtedly the QRA & NRAA would take serious exception to somebody knowingly coercing a range official to approve transgression of the SSRs.

John [-X

Of course I am John hence the winky man.

johnk

#23 Postby johnk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:10 pm

Knew that, Denis.

Just thought it was time to make a point, that point being that we won't get what we believe is necessary unless we prosecute it through our local & state Associations to the NRAA for them to represent to ICFRA. We've passed the point of local or national autonomy. Our FO & F/TR rules are essentially in accordance with ICFRA rules - rules which are unlikely to change more than once every four years, at the Worlds.

Rant off

Steve N

#24 Postby Steve N » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Camped on the range now and wow! The organisers should already be congratulated for their efforts. Camping spots now have new individual power outlets and water taps that would rate highly in any caravan park review. Top effort Bundy R C members! Very impressive!
Can't wait for some of Amac's fine cuisine.

scott/r

#25 Postby scott/r » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:55 pm

So, it looks like I'm going to enjoy this place even more. Even if it going to be a bit wet.

DenisA

#26 Postby DenisA » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:42 am

I've been keeping an eye on the radar and it looks like Bundy is avoiding all the heavy or constant stuff. Can anyone there confirm or deny that?

scott/r

#27 Postby scott/r » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:59 am

Yep, I can confirm that.

Oh, you mean someone actually there. My radar is saying the same thing.

DenisA

#28 Postby DenisA » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:09 pm

I better pack the swimming pool lilo to use as a shooting mat :mrgreen:

Amac

#29 Postby Amac » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi all

Things are good in Bundy. Very little showers about and even some sunshine.

Forecasts are for rain south tomorrow more so than here.

Might get a little but nothing that we can't handle.

See you all soon.

Cheers Andrew

Chopper

#30 Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 pm

There is an advantage , You will have less chance of blowing your face off, or endanger anyone around you , with added pressures of WET ammo, Just like shading for skin cancer on those Hot days , its a sport , we are no longer an Aid to the National defence, Chop

Return to “Events”