Wellsford Results

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

6.5x55ai

Wellsford Results

#1 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 am

Are there any results available yet from Wellsford (yeh I know, only finished day 1 of the Symes so far).
Nothing on the VRA website.
Has anyone the results to date via another source?
Only interested in the FO.
Ta

John S

Re: Wellsford Results

#2 Postby John S » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:15 am

The results have been uploaded on the NRAA website.

6.5x55ai

#3 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks John, can see them now. Looking in the wrong place. Ta

DenisA

#4 Postby DenisA » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Chopper

#5 Postby Chopper » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Who is using what ? :?: Chop

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Piss poor reporting fellas. Where is all the news, gossip, rumours, scandals, slander, sledging, fact, fiction or otherwise and everything we have come to expect from a Queens reports. I think too many of you are taking this shooting caper too seriously to get on the web.
I see Mark is not showing due respect to the F/TR captain.
The Davies family will be happy with Jenny leading F std A grade and Adam leading F Open.
In TR A grade James Corbett is in his usual position with Duncan Davies just behind.

Chopper

#7 Postby Chopper » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Has it become a society of secrets , ? :lol: No one tells you of their greatest wind change shot from X to X ? Chop

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Chopper wrote:Has it become a society of secrets , ? :lol: No one tells you of their greatest wind change shot from X to X ? Chop

Yep, such quiet professionalism would never have happened in our day would it Chopper.
When we were shooting, we would report in with blow by blow details on everything which happened to everyone, a small percentage of which was even slightly factual.
I reckon it must be dead calm, overcast, no mirage there for the last few days.

Steve N

#9 Postby Steve N » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:40 am

Day one was nearly just as Rod Davies has described but warm and almost tropical. NO-ONE has been playing up and shooting has been conducted in a thoroughly gentlemanly fashion. A few stunned looks here and there when a shot misses the X ring in such perfect conditions....

Steve

RDavies

#10 Postby RDavies » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 pm

Well, since it seems that either Victoria is yet to discover the internet, or the shooters are now too busy or professional to report back here when ever they drop point, I will try to extrapolate what is happening via the NRAA results page.
In F/TR, the Ewok is beating the Wooki, with Rod Mahon jumping into the lead from Mark. I did hear some news on the grape vine, that the old no Xs marked problem has reared its ugly head. Mark was not scored a X for any of his shots on his first target due to a new marker confusion. It is all very sportsman like for all of the F/TR shooters to allow the Australian F/TR captain to get ahead of them in points.

In F Open, it is an Adam/Alan duel , with Adam Davies counting out Alan Fraser, equal points and Xs. It should be an interesting finish tomorrow. I understand Adam may be busy celebrating his families success so far in this shoot, which may be keeping him away from the internet, but I can only suppose that Alan has forgotten that there is a forum on the internet for gossip mongering about F class.
In F std A grade, Peter Johnson has bolted to the lead with a 5 point lead over Jenny Davies. What makes this stand out even more is that Peter Johnson on 355.28 is equal to the 2 top F Open shooters. I did say I would do a nudie run along the firing line if F std beats F Open in a Queens, come on, Adam and Alan, get going, my socks are off, you don't want this to deteriorate.
In TR A grade, Duncan Davies from West Wallsend (shoots on the all conquering Cessnock Range) is one V ahead of Jim Bailey.

Only 2 more ranges to go. If no one from the coal face is going to add some news or scandal, it is looking like I will have to report from cyberspace and it might become SBS type reporting if I don't have all the facts (and many of you will be shamed, rightfully in this case), so please, put the shot glasses down, get dressed and fill us in on the gossip.

Steve N

#11 Postby Steve N » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:39 am

Nice fine morning here today and quite a few shooters are hoping it stays that way after gusty winds thumped them yesterday at the nine hundred. The wookie copped a double dose with no supers recorded for him at the 800. (58.0??) Then being caught up in wind at 900 after the ewock and othes high on the board had much kinder conditions. No excuses were being bandied around but I did hear the word squadding said more than once.
If you shot early you were OK. If not it was tough.
Rod missed out the old Grey Fox Pederson in those at the pointy end in F open He shot through some of the worst conditions superbly and is level on points with Adam and Alan.
Steve.

Barry Davies

#12 Postby Barry Davies » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:17 am

HI rod,
Think the novelty has finally worn off and the serious side has taken over.
No room for funnies at Bendigo == all serious stuff
21k winds today from 3 0'clock, that will be interesting to say the least. LHS of range will be best.., and yes they should arrange for squadding for the final day. Bendigo is a s--t of a place at best of times and draw plays a major part in the final outcome.
Ah well !! maybe some day?

Matt P

#13 Postby Matt P » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Barry
I don't agree with squadding unless it's from the very first range. What if you cop a few bad ranges on the first two days, then on the last day you shoot at the same time as everyone else with no chance of getting a "better patch" than those in front. Either squad the whole shoot or not at all.
Matt P

ShaneG

#14 Postby ShaneG » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:20 am

100% agree Matt
Should be squadded all the way through.
NRAA almost got it right last at Nationals.

There have been so many discussions on this already!
Just go ahead and do what just about everyone in the rest of the world does.

We spend all this time and money to be competitive and then a roll of the dice on conditions makes or breaks a title win.

I don't care if I am shooting in mild or wild conditions as long as my peers are down copping the same at the SAME TIME!!

RDavies

#15 Postby RDavies » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Congrats to Mark Fairburn for winning F/TR and to Alan Fraser for winning F Open. =D>
Does anyone have results on f std and TR?

Return to “Events”