Festival of Sydney

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

mike H

Festival of Sydney

#1 Postby mike H » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:32 am

What happened,any results.

ecomeat

Re: Festival of Sydney

#2 Postby ecomeat » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:03 pm

mike H wrote:What happened,any results.

Bloody good question. I have been checking NRAA and NSW F Class all weekend, but nothing up......unless you want the 2015 results, which are right on top of the page !!
This the age of "Technology" apparently :shock: :shock:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

macguru

#3 Postby macguru » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Maybe you could email Kongsberg electronic targets and ask them to put up the computer results that were recorded , or we could have followed the action 'live' as on another well known system :shock:

http://www.electarget.com/

Sorry I could not resist. My memory of the scores precludes a more complete account . I only remember, for entirely selfish reasons, who won the last range for f open on day one. .... :) But I can assure you a good time was had by all although the above mentioned targets did have to be reset a couple of times at 800m....

Andrew
Last edited by macguru on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
id quod est

Tim N

#4 Postby Tim N » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

This is second hand info for F open:
Dave Goldberg 1st
John Peters 2nd
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

macguru

#5 Postby macguru » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Steve Rigby would be third in FO
id quod est

John S

#6 Postby John S » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Please be patient. David A will have them on the NRAA system soon. The decision was made prior to the event to enter them after the event as the mobile broadband internet was a limiting factor in addition to the limited time to train David in the systems use.

NRAA have devolved responsibility for each state and territory association to administered their turf and there is a bedding in process involved.

State and territory reps were trained in the systems use late October 2015 and some security issues were identified and have just been rolled out. Rules director Bob P, Catherine Berry and the programmers have been at work.

NSW was represent by the EO and myself. NSW people should contact NSWRA for assistance and access to the NRAA grading and results system.

I will be contacting David A who is the statistician for the F of Sydney tonight and seeing what assistance he may require to get the results online.

Best wishes

John S
Joint State Administrator NSWRA

phillh

#7 Postby phillh » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:54 pm

macguru

#8 Postby macguru » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 pm

thats fine but results have still not been uploaded to the NRAA site

I assume it all has to be entered manually which i agree is a major pain ...... ?
id quod est

John S

#9 Postby John S » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Talked to David A today. We did a redesign of the NRAA template to report the day 1, day 2 and grand aggregates only. Gradings will be calculated for both days. Cheers John S

John S

#10 Postby John S » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:33 pm

Could I make a comment about technology etc.

We all have expectations of instant results, however we all live busy lives of which target shooting is part thereof.

There are people behind these results all of which are willing volunteers who don't mind putting in the hard yards.

The ideal NRAA OPMP system would perhaps include uploading data in various formats, however we are not there yet. However what we have is a world class system which is in my opinion is cleverly designed given the variations in our OPMs conducted throughout Australia.

The F of Syd results will be available soon on the NRAA website.

Cheers

John S

macguru

#11 Postby macguru » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:16 pm

?
id quod est

slyone

#12 Postby slyone » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:31 pm

when the results are posted to NRAA will these scores be added to my NRAA record ? as I don't have enough shoots yet to make the rankings in FTR and I have to take every win I can .

macguru

#13 Postby macguru » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 pm

looks like its not going to happen ....
id quod est

johnk

#14 Postby johnk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:27 pm

macguru wrote:looks like its not going to happen ....

And happen a lot. Queensland has a shootload of sites that don't have internet access that is financially or logistically acceptable to the promoters. I'm sure that there are some in other states. Heck, when I was Queensland's FS grading officer, I compiled results in one case from a page torn out of a school exercise book & on several occasions from photographs taken by sympathetic participants.

Grading will not be universal until they devise a flat file reporting format that anybody can write (as a last resort to typing) results in.

Grumpy Guts

macguru

#15 Postby macguru » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:15 pm

The internet will never replace a scrap book and a bottle of Clag glue ..... It will never happen !
id quod est

Return to “Events”