Castlemaine prize meeting

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Castlemaine prize meeting

#1 Postby Guest » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:46 pm

To All,

Castlemaine rifle club will be holding its annual prize meeting on Saturday November 4th

Programme is as follows.

10 shots at,
300 yds
500 yds
600 yds

F Class standard A & B grade ( shot on fullbore targets)

F Class open. (shot on championship targets)

Prize list.

3 Badges for F class standard A & B grade.
with Medallion for winner of each range.

3 badges for F class open.
with medallion for winner of each range.

Badges are combined with a trophy for 1st and 2nd place getters in their grade.

$25 entry which includes BBQ lunch and Tea. (try getting that anywhere else)

No Competitor Marking.

Hope to see a few of you there.

#2 Postby Guest » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:05 am

It would appear that we are going to have a dozen or so from Portland, probably a mixture of FS and FO.
Currently we have 2 only sets of targets for FO which would cater for 20 shooters. Some idea of how many FO shooters contemplate coming would be appreciated.
Barry

ned kelly

#3 Postby ned kelly » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:35 am

G'Day Barry,
my wife, Annette, will be undergoing chemotherapy on Fri 3rd and I dont expect to be able to make it unless something out of the ordinary occurs!
I hope that the event is as successful as last year as I thought your crew put on a great shoot! May your shooter numbers be high!
Cheerio Ned

VickiMcc

#4 Postby VickiMcc » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:01 am

Barry,
I know of 4. Possibly 6

Paul

agro

Castlemaine PM

#5 Postby agro » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:14 am

I'll be there.

Wayne

agro

Castlemaine PM

#6 Postby agro » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Won't be able to attend. l have had my wings clipped.

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Barry, Adam, or anyone,

I've never been to Castlemaine - where's the range?

Alan

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:01 pm

Found it HERE. Someone asked last year! :D

Castlemaine PM----Results

#9 Postby Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:18 am

HI All,
Once again Castlemaine has been and gone and again a successful and enjoyable day. Weather was almost perfect spoiled only by that rear. sometimes fishtail breeze worth BA but VERY tricky, for which Castlemaine is renowned. However, that's what shooting is all about.
We had 62 entries all up, was hoping for 70 but being an extra long weekend ( Melb cup on Tues ) some went fishing some did other things and some simply could not make it for other reasons!!!! Never mind, those who did come were not dissapointed.
Of the 62 entries there were 28 F Class, split up as 9 FSA, 11 FSB and 10 FO an excellent response.
Seven new names were added to my FS grading list which now makes 75 FS shooters attending PM's in Vic.
The somewhat tricky conditions kept scores down and as was expected no possibles were recorded in FS or FO, in fact there were only about 5or6 possibles recorded in FB ( highest score was 148-15 )
Top score in FSA came from Jenny Davies on 174, followed by Geoff Auhl on 173 and Tom Lowndes on 169.
FSB went to Bob Shaw with 167 from Frank Metzke 166 and D Tuit 162
Bob has just returned to shooting after a prolonged period of illness which necessitated the fitting of a pacemaker. Bob uses a 556 recently worked over by Gary Hunt from Bendigo.
FO was won by Portland shooter Alan Taylor who is making his presence felt since coming out into FO> His score was 283 from Alan Frazer on 282 and Roger Teal ( Portland ) also on 282.
Barry

AlanF

#10 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:29 am

F-Class placings scores are HERE.

Yes it was a good shoot - wind and mirage quite tricky at times (particularly when I shot 500yds :shock: ). Congrats to Jenny Davies, Bob Shaw and Alan Taylor =D> .

F-Class numbers were good as Barry said, but I was the only regular VRA F-Open shooter who turned up which was disappointing. The Portland shooters (8 in F-Open) must be wondering if we're scared of getting beat by them! And also there was only one F-Std shooter in the open field - I was looking forward to having a few more. From their scores, the top 2 or 3 Std shooters probably would have been quite competitive on the open targets. Anyway, all was not lost - Barry Roennfeldt was the Std shooter who shot with us, and I am hoping he will be shooting with us regularly in the future.

I'm also hopeful we can get some of the Portland shooters to have a crack at the Vic Queens - and from what I have seen, they won't be there just to make up the numbers!

Thanks to the Castlemaine club for a friendly and well-run event.

Alan :)

Return to “Events”