Who'll be at the Queensland Queens?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Who'll be at the Queensland Queens?

#1 Postby AlanF » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:27 pm

Firstly, not me (too busy with the website :mrgreen: )!

But with the meeting less than 6 weeks away, it's a good time to find out who's intending to compete. If the numbers don't look promising, perhaps we can start some friendly prodding, particularly of those within a day's drive! :evil:

Seriously, we shouldn't be trying to make people feel obliged - if they go it has to be because they want to for their own reasons. But perhaps knowing who else will be there will help people decide i.e. renewing friendships, meeting the people on this Forum, or pitting your skills against the best etc.

So if you're intending to be at Belmont next month, or know someone else who is, submit a post. Numbers have been getting alarmingly small at recent Queens, and this is an opportunity to help reverse that trend.

Alan :)

Cameron Mc

#2 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:37 pm

see below
Last edited by Cameron Mc on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Mc

#3 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:46 pm

Alan
I am only 3 hours from Belmont, but we will be tripping around North Queensland when the Queens are on. Bad timing unfortunately.
You have got it right, people have got to want to go to these comps. I know alot of people, not just F Class, who just prefer to shoot at club level.
I hope there is a good show.

Cameron

#4 Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:10 pm

ed
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:31 am

Are none of our members intending to shoot at the Queensland Queens? :shock:

If you are please say so, and it may encourage others to join you.

Alan

jlorimer

Brisbane Queens

#6 Postby jlorimer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:45 am

Hello there from up North. God willing, I will be shooting the Brisbane Queens. It has been a bit of a rush, trying to put a new cartridge together, but the job is done, I just hope my selection works out. I will be shooting a 6BR at 2900fps,up to 500yards, then going over to a 243 Ackley at 3050fps for the rest of the ranges. I will try to get some pics of the shoot to place on the web. Keep em in the ten ring. John Lorimer. :D

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:47 pm

Good on you John for making the effort to get there, and for letting us know. Will you be using heavier projectiles in the .243AI? When it gets the gremlins sorted, the new 115 DTAC would suit that cartridge.

By the way we don't have many forum members from the Brisbane area yet, so when you get there, make sure you point them in the direction of this website! And good luck with the shoot! :D

Alan

AlanF

RESULTS

#8 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:06 pm

http://www.qldrifle.com/2005_M34.htm
Well, John was there as expected. He finished a repectable 7th in a good field of 12 Open shooters. Karl Bell =D> edged out fellow Brisbanite Barry Lewis to take out the F-Open. And in Standard, Victorian Tom Lowndes =D> prevailed, with Alan Tayor and Peter Hayden not far back. There was a notable performance at 1000yds in the Duncan. Kelvin Bell got a 100 possible in F-Open. While it appears to have been on the modified PALMA target, it was nonetheless an exceptional shoot - the nearest to him was a 93, and the A Graders were struggling too - only 4 possibles at that range. Very well done Kelvin! =D>

Alan

S.Scheske

#9 Postby S.Scheske » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:10 pm

Where abouts is the Queensland Queens held? depending on how every thing goes and if i get posted to Townsville or not i might be able to make it :D
Last edited by S.Scheske on Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

VickiMcc

#10 Postby VickiMcc » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:51 pm

Held at the Belmont Range just out from Brisbane, but your too late this year it finished yesterday

S.Scheske

#11 Postby S.Scheske » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:27 am

This time next year....could almost call it a date....i just hope i got the weekend off and im not over seas :cry:

also would there be any rifle clubs i could store my rifles at up that way for a while? i dont have my gunlicence yet but ill be getting it as soon as i can and i dont think i they will let me stick them in the armory unless i have my licence....dunno ill have to figure it all out :?
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

pjifl

#12 Postby pjifl » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:05 am

Sam,

There is also a North Qld Queens shot in Mackay in May. Also a very major shoot in Townsville which in some ways in F class surpasses either of the two Qld Queens shoots in Townsville.

Peter Smith.

jlorimer

Brisbane Queens

#13 Postby jlorimer » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi! All. I made the 1300km trip, and shot the Duncan and the Queens shoot in Brisbane, Dammed if I could figure the Duncan range out. It took me up to the last range on Sunday to work it out. Mirage was virtually non existant, on most ranges, and the flags weren't indicating the drop offs. Everybody got caught with the drop offs- I saw some of the local lads who know that range, score sixes and fives.
I shot the last 1000yds with the parrallex turned back a might, and Viola! there was the elusive mirage . Scored 95, got counted out by Barry Lewis, and I counted out John Turner. If only I'd woken up earlier to this trick.
The scores don't indicate the standard of the shooting,which I consider was of a very high standard. The 6BRs dominated the short ranges, while the 6.5x284's dominated the long ranges. My 243 Ackley also shot extremely well, and held waterline at all ranges, I consider it to be equal to the 6.5x284, and they both have about the same barrel life, pity about the nut behind the bolt.
I had a most enjoyable time at the Brisbane Queens, and the conradry amongst the shooters was excellant. A very well run Queens event, and Yes!, Alan, I told them all about Ozfclass. The only thing I didn't look forward to was the 1300km drive back to Townsville. :lol:
Keep em in the ten ring, John Lorimer
(I have not been able to get my hands on any 115g Sierras, would love to try them out, if somebody has got any for sale. Can't get hold of any 6mm 115g bullets period)

Return to “Events”