National Queens blog 2015

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Re: National Queens blog 2015

#61 Postby Tim N » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Well done to all winners and place getters
Tell me Craig what barrels do you use :D
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

seb

#62 Postby seb » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Congratulations to all Winners!
And there is always next time for all.

I am sorry that I did not able to participate in the Nats due to a few reasons (didn't get my daughter's visa + still have a lot of works to do)... but hopefully I will be there for the QRA Queens next August.

Best Wishes,
seb.

ShaneG

#63 Postby ShaneG » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Tight competition through until last range in F/TR.
F Open pulled well ahead this time.
Squadding was great in my opinion and hopefully NRAA has set
a precedent for other Queens to follow.
A few naysayers but there will always be those against any progress
for change.
Mace Cup was really interesting - Bisley style for first time for both
Rod M and myself! Rod said he just had enough ammo to shoot it - 11 rounds!
Thought I'd better set him straight - 15 + 2 match!

David
Canned that rifle which gave elevation after first day of lead up and shot my
new long distance rifle all the way through.
It is keeping great waterline!
Alan
Thanks - shame you couldn't make it this year!
I used a NF Comp II 15-55 this year. Hope yours is going well!
Shane
Last edited by ShaneG on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN

#64 Postby RAVEN » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Congratulations to all the winner and all the participants’ great competition by the look of things. =D> =D>
I will be studying the form guide closely :wink:
See you all in August for the Teams \:D/

What was the new Squadding Shane?

RB

Craig McGowan

#65 Postby Craig McGowan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Tim N wrote:Well done to all winners and place getters

Why Tim thanks for asking.......its a Bartlein Barrel.

In all seriousness there are a few people in this forum I would like to thank. David and Tony. You guys have raised my level of understanding to beyond what I thought was possible. I know Tony had a rough day at 1000 yards, but I know come August we will not be able to give him a point.

Congratulations to Rod on the Mace Medal. I have to say that it was a absolute blast to shoot the 15 shoot match under the Pair Bisley Rules, especially beside Rod. I was happy to walk away only one point behind Rod in this format. It is amazing how much more mental maths you have to do shooting in this format when you have to score for the other shooter and plot for yourself.

Kind Regards

Craig McGowan.

plumbs7

#66 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Tim N wrote:Hey Plumbs 7
Never give up!
I once finished a shoot 1 range early as I thought I couldn't finish in the top few (and I was soaked), turns out I should have shot as I might have got a 3rd place.
I'll never know
Still you are at a great range you may as well enjoy it

Umm this morning at 6:30 am was pulling out to a suspect scope! There was so much vertical must have been the scope! Put it on Facebook of my intentions .
Thank God Mr 7 mm replied and talked me into showing up, as somebody always has a spare scope! Ok turned up at my detail and told Mr Green that my scope was broken and I was just going to shoot it anyway even if I got 0 00000000. Shane said hey borrow my March. He was about to score so ran down to the car, ripped the scope off his second gun . Quickly put it on the blue whale aka pseco panda ! He ran back to score tr and me to sight in. Got the gear out , and bore sighted . Noticed the the front mount was not seating in the rail properly. Quickly packed up , back to Shane and ask permission to move the front ring to seat properly as he was still scoring. Ok got the nod , moved the scope ring , tensioned up. Back to the sight in range at 25 m . Bore sight , shoot a number shots to make sure . All good was grouping now ! Sweet! 900yds probably going to get zeros . Oh well!

Hang on the front scope cap is hard up on the barrel! No good as will get vertical as the barrel heats up!
Ok pull off March scope , thank Shane very much but now out of time and out of spare ammo to correct problem!
Put old Nightforce back on , heading for zeros now ! Oh well hello B grade again !
A generous Mr Barlow offered a gun and 155 legal ammo. Said thanks please ! He ran to get his gun and ammo and I went back (ran)to the car to get my rest and bag . Few well wishes saying Goodluck hope you work it out on the way!
Back to to the mound , everyone is already down ready to shoot and that's where I was meant to be.
Met up with Mr Barlow and Gun. Looked at scope and the windage knob and moa is a challenge at the best of time for me and I couldn't make head or tail of it and his rifle had a Ftr thin stock and would have bounced all over the place. Darryl offers a bi pod and I know I'm no good with them!
Thanked him profusely and said I'll take my chances with the blue whale!
Well the rest is history ! 8 th overall and another Gong at 1000.
Have to thanke the above people mentioned and B Ahern , E Mace , Cam and Jenni H and Most of all C McGowen for giving me a stiff kick up the backside .
I'm truly humbled and learnt 1. never blame ur gear because 9 times out if ten it's you!
2. Forget about ur grading!
3 Never give up!

I know it's only 8 th but it sure feels like a win from where I came from!

March scope fouled on barrel!

25 m group yesterday with mag speed attached which lead me to believe I had scope failure ! Wrong!

plumbs7

#67 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:06 pm

Ok the cause of it ! Belmont grass eg bounce ! And not seating the heal of my stock into my rear bag ! And another meltdown once the vertical started ! Cheers Graham.

plumbs7

#68 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Magspeed created a Red Herring!

plumbs7

#69 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Absolute Miracle! If tr hadn't shot first it would have been over !
More Drama than Gone with the Wind ! #-o

macguru

#70 Postby macguru » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Tim N wrote:Well done to all winners and place getters

Tim, you are stealing all the best lines ....

well done everyone !
id quod est

Brad Y

#71 Postby Brad Y » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Congrats to all who participated and the winners in particular.

Batman

#72 Postby Batman » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Congratulates Craig, Shane and Nick and all other winners =D> =D> =D>
looks like a great comp with some impressive scores
hope they do the same squadding in August
See you all up there in August for the state teams
Regards Stuart

DaveMc

#73 Postby DaveMc » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:46 pm

Yes congratulations to all winners.
Certainly looking from the outside in the squadding seemed to make for a tighter, more exciting competition.
Good stuff!

Norm

#74 Postby Norm » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Well done to everyone.
It was a lot of fun just watching the scores as they came in, seeing all the position changes and wondering just who would end up on top.
Plumbs, you sound like you had a hard time for sure. Never give up and enjoy your shooting.

RDavies

#75 Postby RDavies » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Congrats to Craig McGowan for his consistency over the 5 days, to Brent noble for his brilliant performance in his first F Open comp,and to Bob Perderson who was only one point away from scoring a Queens win in yet another discipline. There is a lot of talent moving in to F Open lately, things are getting tough.. Congratulations also to NickWilliamson for his dominating perfermance in F std. In F/tr there were highs and lows from many competitors with Shane Green taking his lead back from Tim Larence at the final 1000yd stage.
It was good of the NRAA to trial squadding after listening to input from members who had experienced it overseas. The Mace medal event for F Class is something I would like to see more of, hopefully to give more competitors a chance to try15 shot Bisley style shooting at 1000tds. [-o<

Return to “Events”