Wingham OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

macguru

Re: Wingham OPM

#16 Postby macguru » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Well I was joking about the zed ring, i did not think it would touch a nerve :) !!
You are right there is no need yet and lets not distract from the great shooting we have seen lately ...
Pictures of Ben Ferrara/score by John Slack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by macguru on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
id quod est

ShaneG

#17 Postby ShaneG » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:34 pm

As you noted Graham - conditions must have been extremely benign!
Obviously a range for proving very accurate gear!

Cameron Mc

#18 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm

It was a joke about 10 rings too!
Nothing wrong with a little humour eh?
:)

DenisA

#19 Postby DenisA » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 pm

:lol: =D> The hallways of internet forums are paved with eggshells. :lol:

plumbs7

#20 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:35 am

Hey sorry ! I have a big mouth or fingers in my case ! I need to keep my mouth shut at the respect of our shooting fraternity! You know I luvs ya all and the people in this sport is why I compete! :-# .
I think looking at those scores last night made me frustrated as we just don't get conditions like that here to try out our gear and technique ! Bundy was the easiest I shot all year and it was still tricky!
So I'm very sorry for my rant ! Very unsportsmanlike like!
Have good day and see ya at the Nats!
Regards Graham.

KHGS

#21 Postby KHGS » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:56 am

mike H wrote:Keep going with this tighter target business until there is about ten competitors left in Australia.I have been to a lot of ranges and competitions and this doesn't happen very often. Good shooting on the day,but even so there was no problem to sort out the winner.
Mike.

I agree with you Mike, targets do not need to be altered in any way.........UNTIL there are regular shoot-offs required to determine a winner! I haven't seen this yet. This is really an administration thing anyway, shoot-offs are time consuming & targets would need to be adjusted when that becomes a problem. There is nothing wrong with perfect scores, unless they become the norm & not a possibility. My opinion for what it's worth.
This approach always seems to come up when perfect scores are shot, remember one important thing, these shooters are GOOD =D> & will still win no matter what target is shot at & the rest will still be where they are, down the list, by the way I have seen these shooters fail too (not often), what would we do then? Make the targets bigger? :roll:
Another thing to remember is that target shooting is a demanding sport & you only get out of it what you put in, hard work puts you in the winners circle, not target size! So I humbly suggest that we should not try to fix what's not broken! Lets save that until it is broken.
Congratulations to Ben, & Rod, great shooting =D> Commiserations Matt!
Keith H.

bartman007

#22 Postby bartman007 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:56 am

Bloody Brilliant shooting :!:

Great to see the NSW boys sharpening the scores in time for the Teams event in 2 months time.

We now know who to look out for 8)

Cheers, and keep up the good work.
###

mike H

#23 Postby mike H » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:10 am

Cameron Mc wrote:It was a joke about 10 rings too!
Nothing wrong with a little humour eh?
:)

Cam,
Actually I favour ten ring targets,and that is not a joke.
Mike.

Return to “Events”