Vic Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

MCLE

Re: Vic Queens

#16 Postby MCLE » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:51 pm

It was a very challenging 900 and 1000 today Bendigo at its best.Strong gusts comming through and dropping off very fast leaving you out in the 4 ring or worse wondering what happend!!!!
Some very good scores shot at 1000y in these conditions and one of the Best scores was shot by a 6mm Dasher go figure.In F/O some fantastic scores with huge super counts. The 7mm ruled the range for a while Jen and Pedo were racking up the supers fast.F/O winner Tyler forget what he was shooting but it shot like a laser.Heaps of fun but it's over for another year..
Thanks Michael H
Last edited by MCLE on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#17 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Congrats to all the winners. =D>

All F-Classes except F-Std B were actually very close. I'll echo Rod's praise for Liam - fantastic effort.

I was keeping a close eye on F-Open and at various times, several shooters looked the goods to take it out. At the outset Jenni Hausler would have been highly rated after her Syme win, then Bob Ped and Mark Tyler didn't drop a point until the sixth range! Then defending champion Geoff Krake found himself 2 clear, a lead he held through the penultimate range, only to be pipped at the last by Dale Tyler :D ! A great contest!

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Here's the man.

Norm

#19 Postby Norm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 am

What a great few days of competition and a fine display from the two young guns. Liam in F/TR and Dale with his .280ai in F-Open. =D> I am sure these two will do great in years to come with their keen eyes and some great training from their dads. Congratulations to Geoff Grenfell on yet another A grade win. =D>

I started off the Syme at 300 yards to zero my .284w and then put it away for the Queens. Then I brought out my 7-08ai and had a fun shoot out with Steve with his 7-08ai. It was a beer per range and my 168’s against his 180’s. Thanks for the many beers Steve! :D

Then in the Queens, Steve asked for a handicap of 2 points in per range. #-o Silly me agreed with this after seeing his scores in the Syme with his 7-08ai and as I wound be using my .284w I thought it would be fair.

Well Steve brought out his good ammo for the Queens and at 500 I knew I was in trouble when he shot a 60.8 in the rain, which was only good enough for 5th place at that range! :shock: I shot a 60.7 and was way down the list. Talk about come in spinner. I shot clean on day one to be in second place, but still owed Steve three beers! That’s the last time I will be giving him two points in!

Day two things got interesting with some excellent scores and the top of the field looking set for a great shoot out. Some special interest was generated with some friendly family competition going on between some of the competitors. In Open there was, Dale and Mark Tyler, Michelle and Phillip Giddens, Myself and Steve Nelson. While Liam and Michael fought it out in F/TR. Lots of fun.

On the last day at 900 and 1000 yards the train wrecks started. It was amazing to see top A grade leaders shooting scores in the low 40’s and drop out of contention one after another. Geoff Grenfell held firm with a well earned win.

After seeing all the carnage around me I simply tried to avoid the train wrecks and shoot a respectable score in the conditions which I was happy to do. When I was done I looked over and was pleased to see that I had a few beers coming my way from Steve even with two points in.

Dale Tyler then fired a super on his last shot to equal Geoff Krake in Open. Dale had a high super count which put him in number one spot.

saum2

#20 Postby saum2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Home at last.
Firstly, congratulations again to Dale Tyler, he shot consistently well for the entire week.
I think it came down to the last shot at 1000yds for both of us, I got a 5 and Dale got an X after apparently winding opposite to the wind but aimed off, so he deserved to win on X's.

I used my 6XC for the short ranges to 700yds then my 7mm from 800yds on.
Dale used his 7?? AI all the way I think, he may enlighten us. It is a hammer with all the X's he got with it.
Well run event, we pushed through some rain & light showers to complete the program the first day with easy conditions, then things changed a bit for the longs.
The wind on the last day was at times unreadable, but a great finish by Jenni & Dale.
cheers
Geoff

ShaneD

#21 Postby ShaneD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Liam,

well done, was good to see.

To all of the South Bendigo Rifle Club for there help over the 5 days with help for my rifle with a barrel that failed, especially Mike H for lending me a barrel so I could keep going.

thanks
Shane

BATattack

#22 Postby BATattack » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Well done Dale! =D> =D> =D>

Good work to hold your nerve through the whole event and bring it home in the end! Must have felt rite at home with the strong winds at the longs! Haha

Well done to Suzie and Liam and good to see some new talent at the pointy end 8)

Batman

#23 Postby Batman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Congratulations to all winners
Well done to our South Aussie young gun Dale to take out the vic queens is an outstanding achievement =D> =D> =D>
It's going to make for a great SA Queens :D

Stuart

D Tyler

#24 Postby D Tyler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Hay guys, to everyone who was wondering what i was using in the queens ill clear that up right away.
Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Cal. - 280 ackly improved
Barrel - trueflite 1 in 8
Receiver - savage (model12 I believe, not actually 100% sure)
Nightforce scope
And a modified savage stock

See nothing special :)

Wakey7

#25 Postby Wakey7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Hay guys, to everyone who was wondering what i was using in the queens ill clear that up right away.
Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Cal. - 280 ackly improved
Barrel - trueflite 1 in 8
Receiver - savage (model12 I believe, not actually 100% sure)
Nightforce scope
And a modified savage stock

See nothing special :)

Dale sometimes it may not just be the rifle that is special but the whole package. Well done mate.

D Tyler

#26 Postby D Tyler » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks mate

Return to “Events”