Good luck for the SARA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

John E

#16 Postby John E » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:04 am

Heartiest congratulations to Lynn and Michael --- a Queens Winner at 16 years of age, Michael -- awesome!
Lynn, by the look of the scores, you had the males of the species under pressure right from the start, and you kept it up -- well done.
The scores in FS and FO were very close, and that's as it should be --- perhaps this is an indication that the current targets are adequate for the job and don't need to be tinkered with.
Also lynn, can you give us a rundown on rifle weights and bipod weights, and did the heavier rigs exhibit any advantage over the lighter ones. I know that's a curly question as nothing would have been weighed, but your visual observations would probably give you some idea of which rigs looked heavier than others, and that will be good enough for me. And were there any shootoffs, and if so, how many shots did they go to?
Now that the FS Rules sub committee has put in its final draft to NRAA, I'm interested to keep track of all of these things, to confirm whether or not we have gone down the right path.
Congratulations again, it was a great result.

PS Richard
some of us mexicans have to work -- you know what they say -- "work is the curse of the drinking ( and shooting ) class". Perhaps next year, if I can find enough money to retire. :? :? :?
John

Lynn Otto

#17 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:22 am

Thankyou very much John for your congratulations, the reality still hasn't sunk in yet.

I'm afraid I really didn't look at what the others were even using, other than they were all 308's where mine was a .556. I went into the event having entered on the morning still quite unwell and very very focussed on winning. I wasn't too fussed about equipment being used, other than I knew Trevor had prepared for me the sweetest little rifle going and I was going to make it worth his time and effort. When I get home from Uni I'll ask Trev if he took any note of equipment, but I doubt it.

As to the target, I don't agree, there were no shoot-offs and would only have been for 1st place anyway, but the target was only adequate because the conditions were so changable that possibles were nigh on impossible, I got lucky twice, but thats all it was, luck. But like everyone else I also got unlucky, the conditions dictated the adequacy of the target, not the skill of the shooters. In good conditions, as I am led to believe some of the country is blessed with, I don't believe this target is adequate, but lets not get into that argument again, it would serve no purpose.

Cheers Lynn

RAVEN

#18 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 am

John E wrote:
PS Richard
some of us mexicans have to work -- you know what they say -- "work is the curse of the drinking ( and shooting ) class". Perhaps next year, if I can find enough money to retire. :? :? :?
John

Yes I agree John I would love to go to more but unfortunately shooting doesn’t pay my bills.
I was a little disappointed that there were only 3 interstaters and these three are regular competitors at the SARA Queens.

The turn out of SA ppl was also disappointing but the competition was very close for most.

BTW the prize pool for F-Class is becoming quite substantial I would estimate in excess of $1000+ I have been personally active in getting local gun shops involved and we had support from an additional retail store this year so hopefully next year will be bigger.
Cheers
RB

John E

#19 Postby John E » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Richard,
you deserve support and I'm sorry that I couldn't make it this year, it was just the way things worked out. Leave it with me and I'll do my best to get a squad of mexicans to come over there next year. I'm looking forward to having a port with Tony as well, so that is another attraction for me. I don't think that I would have to twist Barry's arm too hard to get him behind the idea, either. What do you reckon Baz?
John

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:27 pm

I can't understand why the NRAA has allowed WA and SA Queens to be held simultaneously - I realise they're a long drive apart, but for eastern state shooters doing the "around Australia" trip, it would be great if they could slot them in say 2 weeks apart - it would increase entries at both Queens I believe.

Alan

John E

#21 Postby John E » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:42 pm

Going to SA next year Alan? Bruce might go with you, and Blastill-- tell him I'll take some venison and a bottle of scotch, that might do the trick.
John

RAVEN

#22 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 pm

My plan at this stage John E is to go back to bendigo in 2007 and hopefully get some others over there as well.
I would love to go to canberra but its too close to the SARA Queens
Cheers
RB

#23 Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:08 pm

John E,
Your correct mate, no twisting required. Never shot in SA and it would be something to look forward to.
Would be happy to put it on my agenda now and make sure nothing interfers with it ( well things within our control anyway ) Could probably get the rest of the Davies Clan also. Yes, sounds good.
Barry

John E

#24 Postby John E » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:33 pm

We'll look forward to seeing you in Bendigo, Richard, and that won't be too far off -- it's amazing how fast it's come around again -- something to do with age I think.
In the meantime we have our DRA Teams matches next weekend, and there will be 8 F Std teams competing on Saturday, alongside 8 FB teams, so all the targets at Bendigo will be in action, and 7 DRA FS champions will compete in the State champ of champs on Sunday.
I look forward to seeing Barry and the rest of his mob there, and we will see if we can start the ball rolling for SA next year.
John

Return to “Events”