2015 Qld 21-22 March Belmont.city v country

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

2015 Qld 21-22 March Belmont.city v country

#1 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 pm

Hello there! I'm just putting the topic forward so people who are interested can start planning!
I encourage any top country shots or up and commers to put their name for forth. Last year in standard we had 2 B graders win standard ( Josh R, 2nd and the start of his amazing form !). So you never know!
I really enjoyed it and would be great if at all possible not to get thrashed as much as last year! We may even win ! Dare I say! So we need Fo, Fs and peeps . Thanks ,Regards G

plumbs7

Re: 2015 Qld 21-22 March Belmont.city v country

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 pm

I never got around to saying it to him personally. But I would like to thank Dick block... For doing a wonderfull job wind coach us all. And at expense to his own shooting on the day . I was so pleased to see him win at northarm on the second day! G

Amac

#3 Postby Amac » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 am

Plumbs

I gather you'll be visiting Crows Nest this weekend so I hopefully will get a chance to discuss this one with you.

I reckon we might be able to get a couple from Bundaberg to come down for Country this year.

See you on the weekend.

Cheers

Amac

plumbs7

#4 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:04 am

Andrew sounds great , see u there at Crows nest ! 8)

plumbs7

#5 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi , nominations are now open and are on the Qld ra website . My club mates have said verbally that they are coming and a few Bundy shooters could be there too , along with Goindawindi club, Beaudesert , Ipswich and other clubs I just can't think of at the moment !

I've just nominated , so God willing I'll see u there! Regards Graham Sells.

plumbs7

#6 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:25 pm

2015 QRA COUNTRY v CITY - Nominations Close Friday 6 MARCH. U can nominate on Qra website.

plumbs7

#7 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 am

Hi , today is the last day for nominations for city or Counrty.
I can give little unofficial account who maybe on the country side !

F Standard
S Mitchell Bunderberg
A Mckillop Bunderberg
J Reid Ipswich
G Sells Dalby
D blocksledge ?? Maybe
We are short of Standard shooters from what Mr Berry was saying!
F Open what I know is
T Berry Beudesert
S Neilson Beaudesert maybe??
C McEwan Dalby
J McEwan. Dalby

If I haven't mentioned ur name and u have nominated , please post ur name in reply so we can get a full picture of the country team .

Being an ex city slicker and Churchie Old Boy, I can say this without conviction ! Hup the Counrty Team!
G ( yes I know I'm a traitor! Lol).
Feel free for any City v Counrty Bantor !

Amac

#8 Postby Amac » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:38 am

GS

I have it on very good authority that a certain trio of Gemfields shooters - all fairly handy in their own right will be in attendance for the Country team.

I was out that way last weekend at their club shoot and all 3 will be making the journey down.

Looking reasonable handy this team!!!

Andrew

plumbs7

#9 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Amac wrote:GS

I have it on very good authority that a certain trio of Gemfields shooters - all fairly handy in their own right will be in attendance for the Country team.

I was out that way last weekend at their club shoot and all 3 will be making the journey down.

Looking reasonable handy this team!!!

Andrew

Andrew , u are being way to diplomatic lol! Handy is something u wash the floors with !
Nope , it's looking like the best team this side of the black stump! ( no bantor yet from City . A little disappointing ! #-o ).

With that said I very foolishly nominated myself as a sub windcoach / shooter for standard! May have to decline with that calibre of shooters that are coming from the Gem fields.( they probably threw the nomination out anyway . " Sellsy , wind coach! What??")
It's all in good fun hey! G

ecomeat

#10 Postby ecomeat » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:11 am

Graham,
as well as the four that you named, the Open Team for Country will hopefully also have Lowell Tillack and Col Sutton from Goondiwindi, Andrew Pearce from North Arm, John Kielly from Pheasants Ridge , and Brent & Meichelle Knudsen from BeauVegas. Plus there could well be others that i wasnt aware of.
One of the challenges of course will be keeping Coach Kielly away from the Merlot, but if we can do that we should be able to give our latte sipping City cousins a good run for their money :D :mrgreen: :D
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

plumbs7

#11 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:13 pm

An email from our Counrty Captain!

Everybody who comes to Belmont will be shooting if they want to. And under a
good coach so that the experience is instructional and worthwhile.
The Country nominations were bigger than City when I last looked. Teams will
need to be settled before about Wednesday, but regardless of what the
possible score is, or the number of team members all will shoot.
I haven't heard we are not shooting 1000 at Duncan so from my perspective it
is still happening there.

I will copy in the rest of the nominees. I apologise for any anxiety. I have
contacted the coaches last week and will be following up tonight to settle
details.

Can any of the cced nominees please let anyone else amongst us know whose
not email contactable or asks about CvC and get the message out using
whatever networking we are able.

J Breeze

plumbs7

#12 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I would like to thank everyone responding to the call to nominate . Looks like we have a half competitive team ! Good luck to all and most importantly , have fun! See ya there!

Amac

#13 Postby Amac » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Graham

Looks like things will be sorted for the weekend. I'm still a little surprised over city cousins haven't been crowing about their chances this year. Perhaps they have some inside running on the teams??

At any rate looking forward to the weekend.

See you all there.

Cheers

Andrew

plumbs7

#14 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Amac wrote:Hi Graham

Looks like things will be sorted for the weekend. I'm still a little surprised over city cousins haven't been crowing about their chances this year. Perhaps they have some inside running on the teams??

At any rate looking forward to the weekend.

See you all there.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew , yes they have been very polite and maybe quietly confident ! Looking forward to catching up with you and all of us Counrty bumpkins ( you have to speak slowly to us...!U City people), shooting as a team! Maybe more talking than shootin ! Lol!

ecomeat

#15 Postby ecomeat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Well, the big challenge is all over for another year.
This time the mighty Country F Class team won both F Open and F Standard. I will have to chase QRA up for the scores, as I was too busy ribbing the City shooters of Craig McGowan, Kelvin Bell, Lindsay Schneider, Kate Lapin, John Tracey and Coach Jenni Hausler to record the margins or scores.
We were meant to shoot 2 x 300 yds on Saturday afternoon, but we were smashed by a storm about 90% of the way through the 1st 300. The rest of the afternoon was cancelled, and those who couldn't finish their first 300 had to do so at 8am on Sunday morning.
Sunday duly arrived, looking quite threatening again. While some gathered at 300 to shoot their first stage, the rest moved back to 800 yards, as the 1000 yard area, and 900 yard carpark looked completely unserviceable due to earthworks.
Unfortunately, someone amongst the "powers that be" wouldnt let that happen, ...........it made far too much sense........and all shooters were ordered to go to the 1000 yard mound , post haste.
Visiting shooters from interstate wont quite recognise "the old girl" at the 1000 yard mark.
The Govt apparently simply ordered the QRA to accept the "sound barrier" that they were about to build using dirt, and gave them a date that the trucks would start dumping it. The management team had to close the back gate entrance and sit back aqnd watch the earthworks.
Add a couple of inches of rain, and we had a bloody mess.
So on Sunday it was very much "in the raw"......bare dirt,......ie mud, no car access, and parking 200-300 yards away around the Toilet amongst the trees. Carry your gear the 200-300 yards...depending on the luck of your park.....and the ONLY thing left of what we remembered was the grass mound itself
There will be no car parking behind the mound, just a waiting area, with a through road at the base of the new man made mountain.
The near neighbours who lived over Old Cleveland Road used to enjoy a view of 1000 yards of mown rifle range, and another klm or so of trees and fresh air. The Government replaced that with a white dirt mountain that is hideous to look at. I guess it gives us an idea of what it would be like living next to the security wall around Jerusalem :-# :-#
So while it rained heavily again, and forced us to a 30 minute cease-fire, this was a selection event for the Qld F Class Teams, and the shooting had to go on.
That is Lowell Tillack from Goondiwindi laying down on the far side of "ace" Country Coach Andrew Pearce in the photo above, about to shoot his way into the record books. Lowell used a 6 Dasher and a 6.5 x 284 to take out the Champion of Champions on Saturday morning, and then record the highest score in F Open, to lead our Country Team to victory with his 177/180.
Other Country Team members were Julie and Cam McEwan, Col Sutton from Goondiwindi (Lowell's B.I.L.) and myself.

Hopefully Graham Sells might be able to chime in with some details of the winning F Standard team.

FTR was included, and in a novel but very workable idea, the two small teams.....which happened to include Australian reps Nikki Slee and Mark Fairbairn for City, and Daryl Barlow and Jason Mayers representing Country, were coached by the highly skilled international Match Rifle shooter Kerrod Lindley from Pheasants Creek. City just got up, helped along by Wild Dogs 178/180
Mark shot 185 Juggernaughts at 300 and the first 1000, and then went to 200gr . He also took out the FTR Champion of Champions on Saturday morning shooting against his arch rival Mr Barlow, so is maintaining great form.

Unfortunately our Country TR Team went down to their latte sipping City cousins this year.
The event had a very good buzz about it this year, with strong Country nominations, which kept our "Chief", TR shooter Jim Breeze busy, and probably took his concentration of the V bull . Next year we will hopefully win all 4, and add FTR and TR to the pile !!
Last edited by ecomeat on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Return to “Events”