Australia vs New Zealand...... FO / FTR

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Malcolm Hill

Re: Australia vs New Zealand...... FO / FTR

#31 Postby Malcolm Hill » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Well done to our Aussie teams on their wins. Just keep on a roll and kick some arse in the individuals tomorrow.
Regards Malcolm.

AlanF

#32 Postby AlanF » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:33 am

Yes, great job by both teams. Pretty impressive for the coaches to go to Wellington and do better than the locals. Take a bow Mike and Greg =D> =D> .

MCLE

#33 Postby MCLE » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:21 am

Yes that's spot on Alan both of them worked hard.The work that goes on behind the scenes is huge.These teams would not of happened without the work of Jenni H and Bob P and all the help they received from NZ.And what a finish we had at 1000y for our FTR team last shot of the day and all NZ had to do was shoot a 4 to draw or a 5 to win. There coach diddent know this and was trying her best and l think they thought that they had it in the bag.Bang the shot went down range at the same time a gust come through and they got the only 3 that they had shot at that 1000y.The look on the face of that coach told us all the story.Just howe much emotion goes into these comparisons.All l can say is it isn't for the faint of heart.
Thanks Michael H

DenisA

#34 Postby DenisA » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 am

Congratulations to all. Stoked to see my David Goldberg over there too. =D> =D>

bartman007

#35 Postby bartman007 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Well the team shoot is over, and we were fortunate to give the locals a run for their money. To their credit they shot better at the second 1000 yards. As one team member pointed out, I only had to get Jenni an 88! Can't be that hard???

We had a great time, and the friendliness of the Kiwi's was just brilliant. They were great hosts, and made the time on the range enjoyable!!! Thankyou to all that made their clubs rooms and facilities available to us, it was a super effort.

And to our Aussie Manager and Captain, you both taught me a lot, and as a result we took the win. I must say a HUGE thanks to my plotter Jim Hawkins from Tasmania. Having him beside me was like a security blanket, that second set of eyes that was more than just a plotter!

This has been a great opportunity for our newer team members (me included), and I hope more can take advantage of these competitions over the next 2 years!

Thankyou to the shooters that put their trust in me, I enjoyed every bit of working with you. As for Mark Fairbarn, well he is becomming a legend of sorts, as we keep finding that we have to drag the bugger off the mound, as the cry comes out...."can I shoot just one more". And well done Mark, on winning the top shooter for both matches!!!
###

RDavies

#36 Postby RDavies » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Well done to all and good luck in the individuals. Keep the stories and photos coming.

MCLE

#37 Postby MCLE » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 am

BATattack wrote:Awesome work to everyone involved!! =D> =D> =D>

Can't wait to see the grins on on the De'cerbio family when they return!

Well they will have a bigger smile now Young Chris won the lead up in FTR well done Chris =D> =D>.
The two young Boys are doing well holding their own and having fun and a bus that is full of Girls that drives past them to do the marking 4 times a day.Shooting Heaven for them I would think....
Thanks Michael H

BATattack

#38 Postby BATattack » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 pm

MCLE wrote:
BATattack wrote:Awesome work to everyone involved!! =D> =D> =D>

Can't wait to see the grins on on the De'cerbio family when they return!

Well they will have a bigger smile now Young Chris won the lead up in FTR well done Chris =D> =D>.
The two young Boys are doing well holding their own and having fun and a bus that is full of Girls that drives past them to do the marking 4 times a day.Shooting Heaven for them I would think....
Thanks Michael H

excellent! :lol: tell Chris to put his head down, stay focused and keep putting down one good shot at a time!

Batman

#39 Postby Batman » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:05 pm

What a Fantastic team effort well done to all =D> =D> =D>
Good luck to everone who is staying on for the Queens

go young De'cerbio keep doing what your doing 8) 8) 8) 8)

Regards Stuart

AlanF

#40 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Tim Lawrence sent these. I'm guessing its day 1 of the individual comp. Looks like our boys are really hitting their straps!

RAVEN

#41 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:13 pm

Well done both teams plenty of stories to tell and experiences that will last a life time
Cheers
RB =D> \:D/

AlanF

#42 Postby AlanF » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks again Tim Lawrence. These are progressive scores at the end of day 2 of the individual comp. Just 900 and 1000 to go tomorrow.

Tim L

#43 Postby Tim L » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Just to clarify. They do things slightly differently over here (apart from squadding) they also run a final. After 900 and 1000 tomorrow, the top 5 shooters from each discipline/grade, go into a 15 round Match at 900. F Class first followed by TR. (Squadded again see)
No pressure, all the other competitors just stand and watch :shock:

Not at all sure why squadding is so difficult, no luck of the draw. F Class shooters start at the top of the board on day 1, range 1, then everyone moves up one for each range. I'm not sure if TR are squadded by grade, but that wouldn't be hard either. It's not an exact system, but it's simple and gets things pretty damned close.

BATattack

#44 Postby BATattack » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Tim L wrote:Just to clarify. They do things slightly differently over here (apart from squadding) they also run a final. After 900 and 1000 tomorrow, the top 5 shooters from each discipline/grade, go into a 15 round Match at 900. F Class first followed by TR. (Squadded again see)
No pressure, all the other competitors just stand and watch :shock:

Not at all sure why squadding is so difficult, no luck of the draw. F Class shooters start at the top of the board on day 1, range 1, then everyone moves up one for each range. I'm not sure if TR are squadded by grade, but that wouldn't be hard either. It's not an exact system, but it's simple and gets things pretty damned close.

sounds good tim! do they just start with one grade (different at every range) and then let the rest follow through?

BATattack

#45 Postby BATattack » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:58 pm

I haven't seen mike waits in the results list?? is he shooting the individual's?

Return to “Events”