New F-Class Event at 2015 NRAA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Re: F Class no longer a "Queens "

#16 Postby RDavies » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Bindi2 wrote:I for one will not participate.

No, unfortunately, it seems they are limiting it to only the top 4 place getters who will be participating at the moment.

Bindi2

#17 Postby Bindi2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 pm

RDavies wrote:
Bindi2 wrote:I for one will not participate.

No, unfortunately, it seems only the top 4 place getters will be participating at the moment.

you may win the champs but not the Mace and therefore not get No1 badge.

Cameron Mc

#18 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:44 pm

](*,)

AlanF

Re: New F-Class Event at 2015 NRAA Queens

#19 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:45 am

Here's my take on the subject. The Mace is to be run the same way as the Kaltenberg, and concurrently with the Kaltenberg i.e. F-Class shooters will lie down beside TR and shoot at the same time. Presumably F-Class will be put in their "proper place" on the outskirts. Kaltenberg competitors are the top 20 finishers in the A Grade Grand Agg. Mace competitors will be the top finishers in their respective Grand Aggs. The scores of the Kaltenberg are added to the competitor's Grand Aggs to determine final placings in the Grand Agg. So the same will happen with the Mace and the various F-Class Grand Aggs. The only thing I'm not sure about is how F-Std A and B will be handled if there are any B Graders in the top 4 Grand Agg placings before the Mace.

If anyone disagrees with the above explanation, have a look at the TR A Grade Grand Agg results for the 2014 NRAA Queens (in the Results section of the NRAA website). Between the 20th and 21st placings there is a sudden jump of about 70 points. That is due to the addition of Kaltenberg points to the top 20.

A similar thing used to be done for the WA Queens, except it wasn't done Bisley style, and it applied to the Queens Agg rather than the Grand Agg. This is presumably what Bindi2 has his knickers in a knot about. In my view the Grand Agg is not as prestigious as the Queens Agg, so the prospect of losing placings in the Grand wouldn't worry me. However it is a pity that only the top 10 or 15 % of competitors will get to shoot in the Mace.

johnk

#20 Postby johnk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 am

5. The scores from the competition shall be added to the scores from the Preliminary Grand Championship and decide the final order in the Grand Championship.

tom1

#21 Postby tom1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 am

WARA tried this elitist crap about six years ago when decided that only the top 40 TR placegetters could shoot the 1000 yds at the Queens. Unfortunately they forgot that a lot of country shooters only get one chance a year to shoot 1000 yds and that was at the Queens.

bsouthernau

#22 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 am

Cameron Mc wrote:The Mace Cup is a shootoff of the top place getters. The one who wins the shoot off wins the Mace Cup.

NRAA have missed a golden opportunity here - they should present the winner with an ornate MACE!

BTW most of us know Ernie but who is/was Kaltenburg?

bsouthernau

#23 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:54 am

Bindi2 wrote:

But you haven't won the championship. What you have won is the right to participate in the final stage of the championship and in the example you cite you happen to be leading the field going into that final stage. This is not without precedent. Only the top shooters shoot the last stage of the Ballinger Belt in NZ. Only the top shooters shoot the last stage of the South African Championship. There are two cuts in the UK Queens.

Barry

AlanF

#24 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 am

After the way it was rejected in WA, I doubt it will be tried soon for the Queens Agg anywhere else. It might be favoured by those who are usually at the sharp end, but for the rest, its hardly likely to be the highlight of the event. It just doesn't sit well with Australia's egalitarian spirit.

Bindi2

#25 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:25 am

bsouthernau wrote:
Bindi2 wrote:

But you haven't won the championship. What you have won is the right to participate in the final stage of the championship and in the example you cite you happen to be leading the field going into that final stage. This is not without precedent. Only the top shooters shoot the last stage of the Ballinger Belt in NZ. Only the top shooters shoot the last stage of the South African Championship. There are two cuts in the UK Queens.

Barry

You miss the fact that this is a whole game change not just the addition of a match. What other countries do we don't have to do it is OUR CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT.

I have no problem with a match ( in any format ) being added to the front of the National champs. Done this way the States can do the same (different name ) to their Champs and all get to play. Those that want to shoot Bisley have it in all the Champs.

bsouthernau

#26 Postby bsouthernau » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:11 am

Bindi2 wrote:
You miss the fact that this is a whole game change not just the addition of a match. What other countries do we don't have to do it is OUR CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT.

I'm fully cognizant of that fact and don't think I'm missing anything. You are quite correct that we don't have to follow other countries' practices and if you have a look at my earlier post you'll note that I didn't say we should. I simply pointed out that this is a common practice overseas and not something the NRAA has plucked out of the blue. I'll also point out that it's a practice AUSTRALIA has used in ITS National Championship for TR for quite some years now. The NRAA has acted to give its National Championship for F Class the same structure as the TR championship and I think that's a good principle.

In another thread we've been discussing the name change which seems to give the F Class championship a different status from the TR championship and I think that's a bad principle.

Barry

plumbs7

#27 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:31 pm

That blank post of Cam's is saying a lot ! I've known Cam for a few years now and he doesn't Say much ! So when he does say something he means it ! And when there are blank posts. I think he's saying a lot more! ( it's no mistake bindi) Regards , his club mate Graham.

plumbs7

#28 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 pm

This is an event to honour one of the great sportsmen in our sport! It a shame that it's being thrown in the gutter !

Moving on though, so how many rounds do I need to load now ? So u have to shoot the lead up as well to even have enough points to be considered ?
Regards Graham.

Bindi2

#29 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 pm

plumbs7 wrote:That blank post of Cam's is saying a lot ! I've known Cam for a few years now and he doesn't Say much ! So when he does say something he means it ! And when there are blank posts. I think he's saying a lot more! ( it's no mistake bindi) Regards , his club mate Graham.

Either he does not understand what I said or the ramification of winning an event only to be told you have only won the right to be in a final shoot off.
There is another shooting discipline in Australia that has gone down this path and is dying because of it. The final is good for the advert/tv promoters but not for the average to upper average shooter who are walking away. From experience FC does not want/need to do this.
As I said in another post the Mace should be a match for all preferably ( me ) at the beginning of the event.

Bindi2

#30 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm

plumbs7 wrote:This is an event to honour one of the great sportsmen in our sport! It a shame that it's being thrown in the gutter !
Regards Graham.

There is nothing wrong with the honour or match only how it is to be used. I also resent the slur that I have thrown it in the gutter!!
I doubt that many west aussies know who he is and I also doubt that many Queenslanders would know many of the similar sportsmen/ women in WA.

Return to “Events”