New F-Class Event at 2015 NRAA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: New F-Class Event at 2015 NRAA Queens

#31 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Bindi2

Why are you involved in this discussion? You said from the start you won't participate in the event, you don't know Ernie, and you don't fully understand how the shoot works.

As far as Ernie goes, I apologise to him for what's happened here. This is a well deserved honour for a good bloke, great coach, and one of the finest wind readers shooting in any discipline in Australia.

Alan

DannyS

#32 Postby DannyS » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:51 pm

Alan =D> =D> =D> =D>
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Bindi2

#33 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:32 pm

I understand how finals work and know the ramifications do you. The current system is a grand final for everyone the closest most will ever get to winning the event. The mace should be a match in its own right for everyone.

plumbs7

#34 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:48 pm

I think we are making a storm in a tea cup here. Ok ur opinion is noted ! Should be shot by all at the start ! Ok
But nraa are just recognising the FC has somewhat grown up and normalised with Tr and given it another name to distinguish it ! Whether I'll ever be good enough too shoot it will always remain to be seen . At the moment my Mojo is a bit soggy!

Ok , I'm sorry Bindi I upset u just for the record . We all love this sport and are quite passionate about it! So we all think we are right ( maybe especially me !) so let's try to work together on this and let it takes it's coarse . If it's no good it will die a natural death or conversely, if it's good it attract more shooters and they will be added. Hey it's Christmas , we just had 10" of rain . The grass is green and the cattle don't need feeding . High fives all round !
Regards G :D

AlanF

#35 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Bindi2 wrote:I understand how finals work and know the ramifications do you...
Okay, you've stated at least twice that the event is a shoot-off. It is not a shoot-off. Do you understand why?

Cameron Mc

#36 Postby Cameron Mc » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Bindi2 wrote:I understand how finals work and know the ramifications do you. The current system is a grand final for everyone the closest most will ever get to winning the event. The mace should be a match in its own right for everyone.

Bindi
You need to do your homework on this event. I am not going to try and explain it again. This is a new tradition started by the NRAA. For this we should be greatful.
Ernie Mace was chosen as he has been around for many years in the shooting arena and has put alot back into the sport. He has captained, coached many teams over the years.
Your comments are belittling this new Trophy.

I am not going to comment to your reply as you keep dragging down efferts of others. I just hope Ernie does not read this post. You have demeaned someone you don't even know.

Cam :evil: :evil:

Bindi2

#37 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:21 pm

plumbs7 wrote:I think we are making a storm in a tea cup here. Ok ur opinion is noted ! Should be shot by all at the start ! Ok
But nraa are just recognising the FC has somewhat grown up and normalised with Tr and given it another name to distinguish it ! Whether I'll ever be good enough too shoot it will always remain to be seen . At the moment my Mojo is a bit soggy!

Ok , I'm sorry Bindi I upset u just for the record . We all love this sport and are quite passionate about it! So we all think we are right ( maybe especially me !) so let's try to work together on this and let it takes it's coarse . If it's no good it will die a natural death or conversely, if it's good it attract more shooters and they will be added. Hey it's Christmas , we just had 10" of rain . The grass is green and the cattle don't need feeding . High fives all round !
Regards G :D

Hi fives on the rain etc been there done that bit 46yrs ( plus learning time ) in my own right grain growing.

Bindi2

#38 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Cam
I agree to disagree.

AlanF

#39 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Bindi2 wrote:Cam
I agree to disagree.

You keep coming back Bindi so are you going to answer my question?

plumbs7

#40 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Ok ...seems that's behind us , back to my original question??to qualify u also need to shoot well in the lead up? So theoretically if one shot well enough how many rounds should one take to the Championships? Regards G

AlanF

#41 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Graham,

I would take enough for 2 sighters plus 1 spare for each range, plus a few extras for the unlikely event of a Queens Agg
shoot-off. So there are 18 x 10 shot ranges for the leadup and Queens which'll need 18 x 13 = 234 plus 18 for the Mace Cup plus say 5 to supplement your remaining spares for a shoot-off = 257 rounds total (piece of cake :D ).

Alan

Bindi2

#42 Postby Bindi2 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:40 pm

AlanF wrote:
Bindi2 wrote:Cam
I agree to disagree.

You keep coming back Bindi so are you going to answer my question?

Which is.

aaronraad

#43 Postby aaronraad » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:22 am

Okay the NRAA haven't come out with the matches for National Queens this year, but let's look at last years results for TR.

http://www.nraa.com.au/nraa-national-championships-2014-results/

We agree that Match 10 is the 2 day aggregate for the 7 ranges shot for the President's? Y/N

We agree that Match 24 is the 3 day aggregate for the 10 ranges shot for the National Queens? Y/N

We agree that Match 25 is the single 1000y 15-shot Kaltenberg Cup? Y/N

Now look at the TR scores for Match 26 and watch the change in score between the shooter placed 20th and the shooter placed 21st.

Now when you add the scores together for the Top 20 TR shooters in Match 26 = Match 10 + Match 24 + Match 25...and the sky is blue? Y/N

PS: No one actually has to shoot all the matches if they don't want to...I didn't shoot any last year at all. ;)

You guys are all sounding exactly how I feel...strung out from a long week!
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

plumbs7

#44 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks Alan , may have to reload on the hop. The thing is, not all of the top shots shoot the lead up . So u may have lets say the Queens winner not in the Mace cup because they didn't shoot the lead up. Gotta be in it to win I guess !
Well with great relief for everyone , that's my last post for the year!
Loves ya all , even Bindi! Merry Christmas and happy new year and as Bruce M says " keep safe".
G.

AlanF

#45 Postby AlanF » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 am

Sorry folks but my patience with Bindi2 has expired (again) and he has earnt himself a suspension from the forum for 2 months. As a moderator I have to balance the freedom of individuals to have their say, with the right of everyone else to expect a reasonable standard of discussion. If anyone has a better idea of how to handle the situation, I'm happy to listen. Anyway I'm off to the range - will check back tonight.

Return to “Events”