Darlings Downs OPM 30 th Nov.

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Re: Darlings Downs OPM 30 th Nov.

#16 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi Scott , welcome to A grade ! I'm very happy four you!
Sorry Josh , looks like I have a new nemesis ! Lol! Yea dinner Saturday night was great I'm sure we could have talked about " secret men's business " way past our bed time! I'm very happy with my 6th , didn't shoot the wrong target and stayed out of the 4 ring and still in A grade!

I have a little theory about hybreds not liking light twitchy winds , not proven yet . Something about dynamic stability ! Just my opinion.

Merry Christmas too! Graham.

plumbs7

#17 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Cameron Mc

#18 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:24 pm

F Open Winner..... Craig. Mr 7mm.com
Great shooting Craig 8) 8)

Cameron Mc

#19 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Craig requested a photo of the rifle I used. I put this on here for interest sake.
I bought a secondhand BR rifle with the Hall B action. Kept the action and sold the stock, barrel and scope.
Built up an F Open rifle based around this action. This action was made in 1982 and is like new. Bill Shehane made a larger blank stock to accomodate the 1.75" diameter action.
I put it all together with a "discarded" 6mm barrel of unknown brand. I cut the 30" barrel to 26" and chambered in 6 Dasher. The scope is a 20 year old Bausch & Lomb 24x. These were used by many BR shooters back in their day as they had good optics and reliable adjustments. The rings are "floating insert" self aligning Jewell's which are no longer made sadly. All in all a budget build. It's fun to shoot. :)

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm

That's a very stylish rifle Cam. Great work.

BTW what is Belly doing in the background of Craig's photo? Looks like he's telling the wind to bugger off :lol: .

Cameron Mc

#21 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

AlanF wrote:BTW what is Belly doing in the background of Craig's photo? Looks like he's telling the wind to bugger off :lol: .

He's probably doing that as well as giving a lot of unhelpful commentary 8)

Craig McGowan

#22 Postby Craig McGowan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks Cam for putting the pictures of your rifle up. I have never been the sort of person to get too excited over the looks of a rifle, one look at my setup and you will see what I mean, but that setup, with the grain structure and the highly polished scope, the whole setup was just picture perfect.

It is also testament to your skills as a machinist to take a "John West" barrel and push us all the way.

Looking forward to when I see you and Julie next. Have a safe Christmas

Craig.

Return to “Events”