Anakie PM and handicaps for FO

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ned kelly

Anakie PM and handicaps for FO

#1 Postby ned kelly » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:05 pm

G'day All,
as I'm fairly new to this FO stuff, how is, if at all, a handicap worked out for the Anakie 800m event when you have never worked out a handicap before and have never shot 800m?
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheerio Ned

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:49 pm

Ned,

This is not a common type of event. I shot my first one at Moe recently. What you do is nominate your own handicap. Then you shoot to try to get a net score of 100%. If you are tempted to give yourself a high handicap in order to win by shooting below your best, it probably won't work, because if someone else gets 100%, the one with the lowest nominated handicap wins.

In fact I intend to just shoot my best (waste of barrel otherwise), and probably nominate a very optimistic handicap!

Alan

bruce moulds

#3 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:29 am

self handicap shoots are great fun, especially when all points busted are doubled & subtracted from score.
they have the added bonus of helping the shooter realize their actual capability on the day.
bruce.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:20 am

A summary of how the Anakie event went:

Turnout not very big, but very enjoyable all the same - very well run - great catering - friendly hosts! If it happens again next year I'll be back and I'd recommend it to those who didn't make it.

There was a 3 way tie for first place in the main handicap event : Leanne van Meurs, Alan Shephard and Bruce Houston all got 166 off the rifle with nominated handicap of 15. That meant they "broke" by 1 point so their nett score was calculated as 180 - 1 = 179. They were all shooting F-Class Std. A highlight was Peter van Meur's 60 - 60 - 59 =D> . Needless to say he wasn't trying to shoot to his nominated handicap!

In the F-Open handicap over 800m, Daniel Bennett took home the spoils.

And I won the raffle \:D/ !

Alan

Return to “Events”