Barmera OPM (SA)

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

Barmera OPM (SA)

#1 Postby Tony Q » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:32 pm

Well done to all who went.

Congrats to Bruce M (FO) and Lynn O (FS)

Wish Mel and I could have been there Lynn ... :wink:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Lynn Otto

#2 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:38 pm

Yes Tony I was sadly dissapointed by your absence, I so like to try and win against you, although with some of the scores I shot, that may have been doubtful. :D The conditions were rather trying to say the least, but as usual it was a good day. I was especially disappointed by the lack of shooters in F Std, whereas we had a reasonable turn-up of Open people.

In addition a note of interest, we had a new shooters who is a probationary member at Kapunda shooting at her 1st OPM, having only shot a few times before. Eva is an agricultural exchange student from Germany who was introduced to the club by a French exchange student that been visiting the club, and while she had never held a rifle before in her life she has taken to it like a duck to water and produced very good scores from day one (pity we can't keep her here). Her introduction was at 1000yds and over the past couple months she has shot with the full range of our rifles, 6.5x284, 6BR, 243AI, 308 and 223, but prefers the 223 so my old rifle is being put to good use. Unfortunately Eva is going home at the end of August and is now trying to find ways to be able to continue shooting when she gets back to Germany (I gather not an easy thing to do). If anyone has shooting contacts/friends in Germany who may be interested in helping a new shooter, I'm sure Eva would appreciate the information.

Lynn
PS I had to threaten her with an hour and half walk home to make sure she didn't beat me with my own rifle. :lol: :lol:

bully_eye

#3 Postby bully_eye » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:10 pm

Found this post on another board about a US shooter moving to Germany (and other parts of Europe) and looking for shooting options. Didn't go through the links in the post but there may be something useful in there for Eva.

http://www.long-range.com/forums/index. ... &hl=europe

Michael

Lynn Otto

#4 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:14 pm

Thanks Michael, I'll take a look at it.

Lynn

Lynn Otto

#5 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:14 pm

And thankyou to those that have sent PMs

Lynn

Simon C

#6 Postby Simon C » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:27 pm

THe dreaded flu prevented me from attending...........I had intended on going until I couldnt get out of bed on fri morning!!

How did PJ (pestbird) fare with his cannon?
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Lynn Otto

#7 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:00 pm

Simon

Sorry to hear you weren't well.
My little black book of results tells me that he finished equal 2nd with Stuart B, five points behind Bruce. We had time so they "shot off" for 2nd place with Stuart pipping Paul on the final shot, they both got blown out but Paul's went a bit further out than Stuart's 7mm.

Lynn

Return to “Events”